Re: [irlp-embedded] New pictures of 19" and fanless case

  • K6PNG
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 17 5:20 PM
      Dave,
      Thanks for the info. i guess i could have figured that out by the
      picture. :-)

      73
      Ray

      David Cameron - IRLP wrote:
      > Hmmm, those are already all packaged up with shipping labels, but the
      > PCI spacing id standard, and there is about a half inch more that the
      > max height of the "bracket" which is also a standard... As for depth,
      > The ITX board is 14cm I think. The space is probably close to 8". The
      > thickness must be about 1.6" maximum.
      >
      > Sorry I dont have any spare 19" cases, or I could give you precise
      > measurements.... And sorry about the metric too :)
      >

      > Dave Cameron

    • k9dc
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 18 1:43 PM
        --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, "ve7ltd" <dcameron@...> wrote:

        > I have uploaded some rough photos of the new Fanless and 19" case.
        >
        > They are available at
        >
        > http://www.irlp.net/embedded/cases
        >
        > Feel free to comment on any of the ones you see there.

        Dave-

        How deep are those cases? I need one of the 10-inch deep 1U cases, to
        fit in my skinny Mastr II rack. Those look about as deep as they are wide.

        -Dave
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 21 1:00 PM
          They are quite deep (15.5"), but are a good value for the dollar
          spent on them. I am looking to get a few of the lower profile 1U
          cases to compare to, but the only outfit I can purchase them from
          demands that the board be "installed and tested", which is completly
          useless for my uses and pricing structure.

          Looking at the pictures of the 10 inch one you mention there is no
          reason why they could not be used instead. The price point difference
          will have to increase to cover the additional cost of the case
          and "preinstalled" board.

          David Cameron