Development environment.

  • list email filter
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 6, 2006
      Dave,

      You mentioned that this is a slackware 10.2 install, and the it didn't
      have a full development environment. I don't have a problem with having
      a non-production machine with a bootable slackware distro on it to do
      what little development I need (to support some of the non-irlp apps
      that I have to run).

      Couple of quick questions:

      Is perl installed in the base install? If so, any specific modules added?

      Any chance you'll have a 'devel' distribution, not intended for
      production installation on the diskless system, but with the developer
      suite supported? Ideally I'd like to have a multi-boot disk based
      system, with a developer system and a production test system.

      Great work by the way! Our proof of concept grant proposal went in
      yesterday, the timing couldn't be better.

      Erik
      KI4HMS
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 6, 2006
        > Is perl installed in the base install? If so, any specific modules
        added?

        There is no perl and no perl modules. It was far too large to meet
        the criteria required for this system.

        > Any chance you'll have a 'devel' distribution, not intended for
        > production installation on the diskless system, but with the
        developer
        > suite supported? Ideally I'd like to have a multi-boot disk based
        > system, with a developer system and a production test system.

        The flash is developed using a slackware 10.2 system with compiling
        tools installed (and perl). The image I use to burn the flash drives
        is just a pick and choose set of files and devices from that system.

        The system is about 27 megs w/o IRLP, and 32 megs with. I plan to
        keep the base distro below 50 megs if possible, allowing people about
        30-40 megs to add things and store logs.

        Dave Cameron