Re: [irlp-embedded] New pictures of 19" and fanless case

  • K6PNG
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 17, 2006
      Dave,
      On the Rack mount cases there is an open space (Where the expansions
      cards go, and where the irlp db9 is mounted) could you measure that for
      me? If there is enough room for my wireless 802.11b equip. you might
      have another order.

      73
      Ray
      K6PNG

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 17, 2006
        Hmmm, those are already all packaged up with shipping labels, but the
        PCI spacing id standard, and there is about a half inch more that the
        max height of the "bracket" which is also a standard... As for depth,
        The ITX board is 14cm I think. The space is probably close to 8". The
        thickness must be about 1.6" maximum.

        Sorry I dont have any spare 19" cases, or I could give you precise
        measurements.... And sorry about the metric too :)

        Dave Cameron

        On Thu, 17 Aug 2006,
        K6PNG wrote:

        > Dave,
        > On the Rack mount cases there is an open space (Where the expansions
        > cards go, and where the irlp db9 is mounted) could you measure that for
        > me? If there is enough room for my wireless 802.11b equip. you might
        > have another order.
        >
        > 73
        > Ray
        > K6PNG
        >

        > ve7ltd wrote:
        >> I have uploaded some rough photos of the new Fanless and 19" case.
        >>
        >> They are available at
        >>
        >> http://www.irlp.net/embedded/cases
        >>
        >> Feel free to comment on any of the ones you see there.
        >>
        >> I really like the fanless cases. They are built like a brick, and are
        >> easy to setup, minus the drilling and filing required to mount that
        >> extra DB-9 :)
        >>
        >> I do have a couple spares if anyone wants to add "fanless" to their
        >> systems. I ordered two fanless boards for myself, but now have oversold
        >> the Embedded systems :) I have enough to fill this current order, if I
        >> send off my development system.
        >>
        >> Dave Cameron
        >> VE7LTD
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • K6PNG
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 17, 2006
          Dave,
          Thanks for the info. i guess i could have figured that out by the
          picture. :-)

          73
          Ray

          David Cameron - IRLP wrote:
          > Hmmm, those are already all packaged up with shipping labels, but the
          > PCI spacing id standard, and there is about a half inch more that the
          > max height of the "bracket" which is also a standard... As for depth,
          > The ITX board is 14cm I think. The space is probably close to 8". The
          > thickness must be about 1.6" maximum.
          >
          > Sorry I dont have any spare 19" cases, or I could give you precise
          > measurements.... And sorry about the metric too :)
          >

          > Dave Cameron

        • k9dc
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 18, 2006
            --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, "ve7ltd" <dcameron@...> wrote:

            > I have uploaded some rough photos of the new Fanless and 19" case.
            >
            > They are available at
            >
            > http://www.irlp.net/embedded/cases
            >
            > Feel free to comment on any of the ones you see there.

            Dave-

            How deep are those cases? I need one of the 10-inch deep 1U cases, to
            fit in my skinny Mastr II rack. Those look about as deep as they are wide.

            -Dave
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 21, 2006
              They are quite deep (15.5"), but are a good value for the dollar
              spent on them. I am looking to get a few of the lower profile 1U
              cases to compare to, but the only outfit I can purchase them from
              demands that the board be "installed and tested", which is completly
              useless for my uses and pricing structure.

              Looking at the pictures of the 10 inch one you mention there is no
              reason why they could not be used instead. The price point difference
              will have to increase to cover the additional cost of the case
              and "preinstalled" board.

              David Cameron