New pictures of 19" and fanless case

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 17, 2006
      I have uploaded some rough photos of the new Fanless and 19" case.

      They are available at

      http://www.irlp.net/embedded/cases

      Feel free to comment on any of the ones you see there.

      I really like the fanless cases. They are built like a brick, and are
      easy to setup, minus the drilling and filing required to mount that
      extra DB-9 :)

      I do have a couple spares if anyone wants to add "fanless" to their
      systems. I ordered two fanless boards for myself, but now have oversold
      the Embedded systems :) I have enough to fill this current order, if I
      send off my development system.

    • K6PNG
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 17, 2006
        Dave,
        On the Rack mount cases there is an open space (Where the expansions
        cards go, and where the irlp db9 is mounted) could you measure that for
        me? If there is enough room for my wireless 802.11b equip. you might
        have another order.

        73
        Ray
        K6PNG

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 17, 2006
          Hmmm, those are already all packaged up with shipping labels, but the
          PCI spacing id standard, and there is about a half inch more that the
          max height of the "bracket" which is also a standard... As for depth,
          The ITX board is 14cm I think. The space is probably close to 8". The
          thickness must be about 1.6" maximum.

          Sorry I dont have any spare 19" cases, or I could give you precise
          measurements.... And sorry about the metric too :)

          Dave Cameron

          On Thu, 17 Aug 2006,
          K6PNG wrote:

          > Dave,
          > On the Rack mount cases there is an open space (Where the expansions
          > cards go, and where the irlp db9 is mounted) could you measure that for
          > me? If there is enough room for my wireless 802.11b equip. you might
          > have another order.
          >
          > 73
          > Ray
          > K6PNG
          >

          > ve7ltd wrote:
          >> I have uploaded some rough photos of the new Fanless and 19" case.
          >>
          >> They are available at
          >>
          >> http://www.irlp.net/embedded/cases
          >>
          >> Feel free to comment on any of the ones you see there.
          >>
          >> I really like the fanless cases. They are built like a brick, and are
          >> easy to setup, minus the drilling and filing required to mount that
          >> extra DB-9 :)
          >>
          >> I do have a couple spares if anyone wants to add "fanless" to their
          >> systems. I ordered two fanless boards for myself, but now have oversold
          >> the Embedded systems :) I have enough to fill this current order, if I
          >> send off my development system.
          >>
          >> Dave Cameron
          >> VE7LTD
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • K6PNG
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 17, 2006
            Dave,
            Thanks for the info. i guess i could have figured that out by the
            picture. :-)

            73
            Ray

            David Cameron - IRLP wrote:
            > Hmmm, those are already all packaged up with shipping labels, but the
            > PCI spacing id standard, and there is about a half inch more that the
            > max height of the "bracket" which is also a standard... As for depth,
            > The ITX board is 14cm I think. The space is probably close to 8". The
            > thickness must be about 1.6" maximum.
            >
            > Sorry I dont have any spare 19" cases, or I could give you precise
            > measurements.... And sorry about the metric too :)
            >

            > Dave Cameron

          • k9dc
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 18, 2006
              --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, "ve7ltd" <dcameron@...> wrote:

              > I have uploaded some rough photos of the new Fanless and 19" case.
              >
              > They are available at
              >
              > http://www.irlp.net/embedded/cases
              >
              > Feel free to comment on any of the ones you see there.

              Dave-

              How deep are those cases? I need one of the 10-inch deep 1U cases, to
              fit in my skinny Mastr II rack. Those look about as deep as they are wide.

              -Dave
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 21, 2006
                They are quite deep (15.5"), but are a good value for the dollar
                spent on them. I am looking to get a few of the lower profile 1U
                cases to compare to, but the only outfit I can purchase them from
                demands that the board be "installed and tested", which is completly
                useless for my uses and pricing structure.

                Looking at the pictures of the 10 inch one you mention there is no
                reason why they could not be used instead. The price point difference
                will have to increase to cover the additional cost of the case
                and "preinstalled" board.

                David Cameron