OS question

  • n0wme
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 6, 2007
      I am setting up a middle school ham station and would like to get an
      Embedded node when our $$ goal is reached. I was wondering which OS is
      used in the Embedded nodes as I am currently have problems with my own
      node (3823) with FC and am going to switch to CentOS.
      Thank you
      Bob
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 6, 2007
        The embedded nodes operate on Slackware 10.2, which has been stripped
        down to fit on the flash devices.

        It takes up about 25 megs of space, and IRLP and Echolink takes up another
        7. This leaves close to 50 megs free for add-ons