Re: [irlp-embedded] Custom Audio Not Playing Back

  • W0uaw@att.net
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 7 8:41 AM
      Thanks for the information Dave.  I just thought it might be an option after reading the original post.  Keep up the great work!
      --
      73 & Thanks
      de Emit, W0UAW

      -------------- Original message from David Cameron - IRLP <dcameron@...>: --------------

      The features to add that USB stick are already there.

      Please refer to the following message:

      http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/irlp- embedded/ message/115

      If people want to add the ability to use an external USB stick to add
      custom voice IDs to their embedded nodes, I can add some info to the
      scripts to accomodate that.

      Currently you will not be able to mount the USB stick to add space to the
      "audio" directory.

      On Wed, 7 Mar 2007
      W0uaw@... wrote:

      > Have you thought about letting endusers add an external memory stick (USB) with audio files or other information to the embedded node device?
      >
      > 73 & Thanks
      > de Emit, W0UAW
      >
      > ------------ -- Original message from David Cameron - IRLP <dcamero n@irlp. net>: ------------ --
      >
      > Due to the limited storage space, the custom audio files are not stored
      > on the machine.
      >
      > My intention was to have the custom audio files streamed from the source
      > node, but attempts to add that feature (and the uncompressed audio)
      > failed, and there was no longer the ability to do that.
      >
      > You CAN re-enable that feature, but you run the risk of quickly filling up
      > your RAM and FLASH drives. There is about 300 megs of audio files in
      > total, and unless you carefully monitored the file sizes, eventually your
      > node would fill up and fail.
      >
      > To prevent this, the "PLAY_CUSTOM_ IDS" in the environment file is turned
      > off on purpose.
      >
      > If you turn it on on the embedded nodes, be careful of the number of audio
      > files your system downloads.

      > On Wed, 7 Mar
      > 2007, wmuxtech wrote:
      >
      >> Hello All,
      >> I recently got my embedded node working however when I connect to a
      >> reflector or other node it only reads back the standard "You are
      >> connected to reflector XXXX" I never hear the custom audio that has
      >> been recorded.
      >> Any ideas on how to get this to work?
      >> Thanks in advance,
      >>
      >> James Hong - WD0JIM
      >> Node 4599

    • Andrew Koenig KE5GDB
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 7 4:09 PM
        You can always just add this snippet to the custom_off, right? I guess this should remove all of the audio files that start with stn in the audio directory... If it works as it should, you should have no more than 2 custom audio files plus the basics (reflectors....) at any time....

        Dave, will this 'snippet' work?

        rm -f $AUDIO/stn*.wav

        --
        73's
        Andrew K.
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 8 5:58 AM
          No, that will not work. The way that the system works now is the first
          time you call a node, you get the "node number 1 0 0 0 , link on". I did
          not want to delay the connection to download the audio file.

          During the call it will download both the connect and disconnect files, so
          you may or may not hear the custom disconnect wave file. Then your
          custom_off addition would remove the files.

          My idea will be to stream the audio from the remote node. There are a lot
          of things that need to be sorted out first, the first one being how we
          deal with nodes with broken port forwarding.

          My plan is to have a port check on first connection. In other words, if a
          node calls you on the IRLP TCP port, before anything your node will check
          to see if your IRLP port is open. If not, the connection will be refused.

          Lots of logistics to figure out yet. Stay tuned.

          Dave Cameron