Voltage limits

  • Rich Sytsma
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2007
      I am getting ready to hookup node 4960 to backup power and am wondering
      what the min and max voltages that the node will still operate, does any
      one know?

      Thanks
      Rich Sytsma
      node 4960 4961
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1, 2007
        With the standard power board (not the $60 option), the node will
        operate +12V +-5% (11.4-12.6) only. With the option board, an input
        voltage of 5-26 volts is possible.

        The DC option board was one I only recently added to the arsenal of
        options. It was added as my power supply kept tripping out when the
        voltage of my ferroresonant GE power supply would go above 14 volts.

        The board is forced to sink a lot of extra heat when the voltage is
        high, and you run the risk of doing damage to the motherboard.