Re: [irlp-embedded] IRLP EMBEDDED and CRONS

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 20, 2007
      Hmm, this is interesting. It works okay on my node 1010 which I use for
      development of embedded scripts and such.

      Here is the premise to my observations:

      I have created a file

      /home/irlp/custom/custom.crons

      This file contains the following:

      */2 * * * * echo hello > /tmp/test

      (this crontab will ADD the word hello to the file /tmp/test every 2
      minutes)

      On a reboot, initially the changes are lost, as in the rc.irlp script, the
      custom.crons file is not read, and the irlp.crons file is defaulted in.
      But later on in the script, the "update files" script is run, and one of
      the processes inside that script detects the presence of the custom.crons
      file, and adds it to the crontba. Then changes are added to the crontab
      every time the update files is run.

      Do this test for me:

      1) Add your updated crontabs in the /home/irlp/custom/custom.crons file
      (like you would on any IRLP node)
      2) Do a flash_sync
      3) as repeater, run /home/irlp/scripts/update files
      4) run crontab -l and see if your added crons are there
      5) Do a reboot, log in as repeater and run crontab -l, your added crons
      should be there.