IRLP EMBEDDED and CRONS

  • Dennis
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 20, 2007
      Forgive me but i have tried setting up some custom crons.

      When I do set them up i do a flash sync to save them.

      I seem to loose them on reboot.

      It seems they are write protected

      Any information would be appreciated.

      Regards

      VK2DWJ
      Dennis @ Scone
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 20, 2007
        Hmm, this is interesting. It works okay on my node 1010 which I use for
        development of embedded scripts and such.

        Here is the premise to my observations:

        I have created a file

        /home/irlp/custom/custom.crons

        This file contains the following:

        */2 * * * * echo hello > /tmp/test

        (this crontab will ADD the word hello to the file /tmp/test every 2
        minutes)

        On a reboot, initially the changes are lost, as in the rc.irlp script, the
        custom.crons file is not read, and the irlp.crons file is defaulted in.
        But later on in the script, the "update files" script is run, and one of
        the processes inside that script detects the presence of the custom.crons
        file, and adds it to the crontba. Then changes are added to the crontab
        every time the update files is run.

        Do this test for me:

        1) Add your updated crontabs in the /home/irlp/custom/custom.crons file
        (like you would on any IRLP node)
        2) Do a flash_sync
        3) as repeater, run /home/irlp/scripts/update files
        4) run crontab -l and see if your added crons are there
        5) Do a reboot, log in as repeater and run crontab -l, your added crons
        should be there.