Beeping

  • Tim Sawyer
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 31, 2006
      My node started beeping today. The sound is coming out of the case.
      Sounds like two short and one long beep over and over again. I
      rebooted it and it went away, for now. Anyone have any idea why it
      would do that... some kind of warning message?

      Tim
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 31, 2006
        How are you running your node? As a node, as a controller, or both?

        The PC speaker will be used for a courtesy tone when/if the other sound
        files can not be found.

        Was there anything on the screen?

        Are you using a fanless case? What is the environment that it is running
        in? There are some beeps that signify an overheating CPU. Check the
        seating of the heatsinks to make sure they are on tight.

        This site has some standard beeps.