TROUBLESHOOT-IRLP PASSES STILL NO RETURN AUDIO

  • wh7coldduck
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 10, 2014
      We have been trying to get node 3212 running here in Hawaii behind a private network which is connected to the Time Warner system here. We have finally got the ISP set up with all the boxes forwarding to our box such that the troubleshoot-irlp passes all tests (except 10 because we have echoirlp running). I was told by Dave C. that if this occurs, the node should work. I test via echolink to our node 3024 since I can monitor it here in Hawaii by connecting my laptop to 3024 (echo node 228807). I can connect to 3024 and transmit audio to 3024 but no audio gets back to 3212. The echotest and irlp test make connection, but again no audio gets back. Now, for security reasons, my ISP prohibits ssh cmds into his network. While this will disable remote editing/control of the node, it should not affect the normal operation of the node should it? Along those lines, are there any other firewall rules that he might have installed that would allow the TROUBLESHOOT-IRLP to pass but not allow the control/audio data to work properly? The node works perfectly here on my Verizon card when I switch it back to the Cradle Point router. We are close now, but just not quite there.

      Thanks

      Jim WH7CD
      node 3212 Kona,Hawaii/3024 Bethel Island, Calif
    • wh7coldduck
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 10, 2014
        I was in error. Now that Troubleshoot-irlp is working, I am able to remotely get in with putty and WinSCP so the system is allowing ssh connection to the embedded node. Still no audio back.

        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 10, 2014
          He could have a "denial of service" detection on his network that would
          cause streaming UDP packets to become blocked.

          He may also have directional rule setup such that his network will not
          accept packets until it has sent packets to that system first, on those
          ports. That should still work, but any combination of the above could
          cause problems.

          The main issue is if you do not know what is on the network, then you
          should look for another network :)

          You say "no audio back" do you mean "no key up back" or do you get a
          dead-air key up?

          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 10, 2014
            I am doing some remote troubleshooting on the system, and it was really
            "behind" in software updates for some reason. What I did was update it
            to the latest scripts, but I am still seeing the problem.

            It appears the system is in use locally now, but I want to try a reboot
            to see if I can get it to wake up.

            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 10, 2014
              Sorry Dave, I was seeing remote cmds but could not figure out where they
              were coming from. I will stop messing with it while you are working. I
              forwarded ur email to the ISP and he says he has some other things he can
              try. Also, we are in Hawaii, really a third world country (hi hi). We are
              lucky to have this ISP, changing is not an option. Thanks

              Jim

              >I am doing some remote troubleshooting on the system, and it was really
              > "behind" in software updates for some reason. What I did was update it
              > to the latest scripts, but I am still seeing the problem.
              >
              > It appears the system is in use locally now, but I want to try a reboot
              > to see if I can get it to wake up.

              > On 1/10/2014 11:18 AM, wh7coldduck wrote:
              >> I was in error. Now that Troubleshoot-irlp is working, I am able to
              >> remotely get in with putty and WinSCP so the system is allowing ssh
              >> connection to the embedded node. Still no audio back.
              >>
              >> --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, "wh7coldduck" <thecoldduck@...>
              >> wrote:
              >> >
              >> > We have been trying to get node 3212 running here in Hawaii behind a
              >> private network which is connected to the Time Warner system here. We
              >> have finally got the ISP set up with all the boxes forwarding to our box
              >> such that the troubleshoot-irlp passes all tests (except 10 because we
              >> have echoirlp running). I was told by Dave C. that if this occurs, the
              >> node should work. I test via echolink to our node 3024 since I can
              >> monitor it here in Hawaii by connecting my laptop to 3024 (echo node
              >> 228807). I can connect to 3024 and transmit audio to 3024 but no audio
              >> gets back to 3212. The echotest and irlp test make connection, but again
              >> no audio gets back.
              >>
              >> Now, for security reasons, my ISP prohibits ssh cmds into his network.
              >> While this will disable remote editing/control of the node, it should
              >> not affect the normal operation of the node should it? Along those
              >> lines, are there any other firewall rules that he might have installed
              >> that would allow the TROUBLESHOOT-IRLP to pass but not allow the
              >> control/audio data to work properly? The node works perfectly here on my
              >> Verizon card when I switch it back to the Cradle Point router. We are
              >> close now, but just not quite there.
              >> >
              >> > Thanks
              >> >
              >> > Jim WH7CD
              >> > node 3212 Kona,Hawaii/3024 Bethel Island, Calif
              >> >

              > ------------------------------------
              >
              > Yahoo Groups Links

            • wh7coldduck
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 10, 2014
                Our ISP added some more rules and we are passing irlp test server and
                echolink test server with full operation. Thanks for the help.

                Jim WH7CD
                node 3212/3024

                >I am doing some remote troubleshooting on the system, and it was really
                > "behind" in software updates for some reason. What I did was update it
                > to the latest scripts, but I am still seeing the problem.
                >
                > It appears the system is in use locally now, but I want to try a reboot
                > to see if I can get it to wake up.

                > On 1/10/2014 11:18 AM, wh7coldduck wrote:
                >> I was in error. Now that Troubleshoot-irlp is working, I am able to
                >> remotely get in with putty and WinSCP so the system is allowing ssh
                >> connection to the embedded node. Still no audio back.
                >>
                >> --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, "wh7coldduck" <thecoldduck@...>
                >> wrote:
                >> >
                >> > We have been trying to get node 3212 running here in Hawaii behind a
                >> private network which is connected to the Time Warner system here. We
                >> have finally got the ISP set up with all the boxes forwarding to our box
                >> such that the troubleshoot-irlp passes all tests (except 10 because we
                >> have echoirlp running). I was told by Dave C. that if this occurs, the
                >> node should work. I test via echolink to our node 3024 since I can
                >> monitor it here in Hawaii by connecting my laptop to 3024 (echo node
                >> 228807). I can connect to 3024 and transmit audio to 3024 but no audio
                >> gets back to 3212. The echotest and irlp test make connection, but again
                >> no audio gets back.
                >>
                >> Now, for security reasons, my ISP prohibits ssh cmds into his network.
                >> While this will disable remote editing/control of the node, it should
                >> not affect the normal operation of the node should it? Along those
                >> lines, are there any other firewall rules that he might have installed
                >> that would allow the TROUBLESHOOT-IRLP to pass but not allow the
                >> control/audio data to work properly? The node works perfectly here on my
                >> Verizon card when I switch it back to the Cradle Point router. We are
                >> close now, but just not quite there.
                >> >
                >> > Thanks
                >> >
                >> > Jim WH7CD
                >> > node 3212 Kona,Hawaii/3024 Bethel Island, Calif
                >> >

                > ------------------------------------
                >
                > Yahoo Groups Links

              • wh7coldduck
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 10, 2014
                  Dave,
                  now that the node 3212 is working on our Hawaii private network, I am
                  concerned about the updates you say we were not getting. Is there something
                  we should be doing or a script that was not activated so we were not getting
                  the updates? Our embedded node 3024 is about a year older than this one,
                  should we worry about updates on it? How can I , or even should I check for
                  updates on it?

                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 10, 2014
                    There was some customizations added to the node (incorrectly) to block
                    the update of the "off" and "on" scripts. As such, it was not getting
                    any updates. I removed those blocks and 3212 is fine now.

                    I will have a look at 3024 for you.

                    Dave

                  • wh7coldduck
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 10, 2014
                      That sounds plausible as the old system manager long ago was trying to get
                      custom on/off audio files to run. This was about the time that you worked
                      with him to get the custom ids to come thru on the embeddeds. He may have
                      done the same thing with 3024 cause we had him add the custom stuff about
                      the same time to 3024. Thanks for the help.

                      Jim

                      Message 10 of 10 , Jan 10, 2014
                        3024 seems fine. Welcome back to full service :)

                        Dave