backups?

  • VE7GDH
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 16, 2006
      Are there any special procedures for doing a "backup for reinstall" on an
      embedded node?

    • Don Morehouse
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 17, 2006
        Keith

        This is taken from the updated manual 1b (Files yahoo group)

        There is currently no planned way to update the filesystem operating
        components. As the project advances, you will be able to download the
        latest flash images, and update your system with the latest flash
        images. A backup script similar to the one on other IRLP nodes will be
        designed to backup your current system before a re-flashing. The
        re-flash will be able to be performed on another computer running
        Linux (and maybe even Windows).

        Don VE7EDA
        EchoIRLP node 1811

        --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, "VE7GDH" <ve7gdh@...> wrote:

        > Are there any special procedures for doing a "backup for reinstall"
        on an
        > embedded node?
        >
        > Keith VE7GDH
        > Node 1148

      • VE7GDH
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 17, 2006
          Don VE7EDA wrote...

          > This is taken from the updated manual 1b (Files yahoo group)
          > There is currently no planned way to update the filesystem operating
          > components. As the project advances, you will be able to download the
          > latest flash images, and update your system with the latest flash
          > images. A backup script similar to the one on other IRLP nodes will be
          > designed to backup your current system before a re-flashing. The
          > re-flash will be able to be performed on another computer running
          > Linux (and maybe even Windows).

          Thanks for the info. I had probably read that in the past and then forgotten
          about it. I had called you a few times on node 1946. I'll give you a try now
          at 1811.