Re: [irlp-embedded] Re: EchoIRLP

    Message 1 of 20 , Dec 15, 2006
      Also, please do not forget to run the flash_sync script as root after you
      make any changes. This saves the changes to the flash drive.

      You should also always try to power cycle the node after you do
      configuration changes. You can safely pull the power from a node as long
      as the flash_sync script is not running.

      Dave Cameron

      On Fri, 15 Dec
      2006, David McAnally wrote:

      > On 12/15/06, Don Morehouse <donmor46@...> wrote:
      >>

      >> That is where I made the change from 1 to 5
      >> MaxConferenceClients = 5
      >> I did restart the node "/home/irlp/custom/rc.irlp"
      >> There are three other settings that I may play with.
      >> UserCountEnable = 0
      >> MaxCountEnable = 0
      >> UserCountinLocation = 0
      >> Not sure what they are for exactly.
      >
      > The MaxConferenceClients must be at least 2. One for the EchoLink
      > node, one for the IRLP node.
      >
      > The other settings determine conference node details listed on the
      > EchoLink client and web site status pages.
      >
      > I almost always use "service tbd stop", and "service tbd start" just
      > to be sure I see the service stop myself. I have seen instances where
      > "service tbd restart" was not sufficient. You can use pgrep -l tbd to
      > see if the service is still running after stopping it. I believe the
      > modified rc.irlp does a "service tbd restart", so maybe that is an
      > issue we need to resolve or ask Skip about.

    • Craig
      Message 2 of 20 , Oct 28, 2007
        I want to disable Echolink on one of my nodes until further notice.
        I have searched the archives and found this post from Dave Cameron.
        It looks like I can disable the echolink portion of my embedded node
        by going into the "/home/irlp/features/features.env" file and
        changing:

        "export USE_ECHOIRLP=YES"

        "export USE_ECHOIRLP=NO"

        and then flash_sync from root and then reboot

        Can any of you confirm that this is all I need to do to disable
        echolink?

      • dcameron@irlp.net
        Message 3 of 20 , Oct 28, 2007
          That's all. It was designed to be that easy.

          --- In irlp-embedded@ <mailto:irlp-embedded%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com, "ve7ltd" <dcameron@...> wrote:

          > EchoIRLP is configured using four files:
          >
          > /home/irlp/features/EchoIRLP/custom/tbd.conf
          > /home/irlp/features/EchoIRLP/custom/echo_environment
          > /home/irlp/features/EchoIRLP/custom/userdata.txt
          >
          > and must be enabled in
          > /home/irlp/features/features.env
          >
          > The echolink "prefix" in configured in
          > /home/irlp/custom/custom_decode
          >
          > Hope that helps.
          >
          > Dave Cameron
        • Keith VE7GDH
          Message 4 of 20 , Oct 13, 2009
            It was mentioned over on the regular IRLP list...

            > ...my embedded node will do both IRLP (preferred) and Echo link.

            If someone were to try EchoIRLP on an embedded node, is disabling it
            (going back to IRLP only) as simple as editing features/features.env to
            change $USE_ECHOIRLP from YES back to NO again? Also, does it "just
            work" by enabling it, or is EchoLink registration needed ahead of time?

            I take it that the EchoLink and IRLP side of things are kept separate...
            i.e. no inter-connection?

            Message 5 of 20 , Oct 13, 2009
              You have to configure the EchoIRLP portion, in that you require a -R
              (repeater) or -L (link) Echolink account. All of the information
              required to configure your EchoIRLP portion of the node is located in
              the embedded info document that is available on the Embedded ordering page.

              It is as easy as changing the features file to YES, configuring the
              tbd.conf/userdata.txt/echo_environment files, flash_sync, reboot.

              Turning it off is as easy as changing the features.env, syncing, and
              rebooting.

              The new filesystem that I will make available in a few days is the same,
              except you don't have to flash_sync :)

              Dave Cameron

              Keith VE7GDH wrote:

              > It was mentioned over on the regular IRLP list...
              >
              > > ...my embedded node will do both IRLP (preferred) and Echo link.
              >
              > If someone were to try EchoIRLP on an embedded node, is disabling it
              > (going back to IRLP only) as simple as editing features/features.env to
              > change $USE_ECHOIRLP from YES back to NO again? Also, does it "just
              > work" by enabling it, or is EchoLink registration needed ahead of time?
              >
              > I take it that the EchoLink and IRLP side of things are kept separate...
              > i.e. no inter-connection?
              >
              > Keith VE7GDH
              > Node 1148

            • Keith VE7GDH
              Message 6 of 20 , Oct 13, 2009
                Dave VE7LTD wrote...

                > Turning it off is as easy as changing the features.env, syncing,
                > and rebooting. The new filesystem that I will make available
                > in a few days is the same, except you don't have to flash_sync :)

                Thanks for the info. Put me down for a files system upgrade
                when available!