Re: [irlp-embedded] Embedded node burned out nic

  • Thomas Uhlman
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 7, 2013

      I guess I am failing to understand.  The PK5001Z is a modem/router combined.  It was the only router device in line.  Ports were forwarded correctly, IRLP troubleshooter indicated all connectivity was OK.  Yet, when connected to a reflector, I could hear the group but the group could not hear me nor could they detect a COS from me.

      I changed from port forwarding to DMZ and same thing.  I tried with DMZ and port forwarding but same thing.  So, given that setup, I don't understand what was wrong.

      The new setup, configured today was to bridge the PK5001Z and add the external router.  Now,  I do understand that with the external router, the PK5001Z would need to be bridged, and that's what I did.  I never tried to run the external router with the PK5001Z without bridging.
      So, the new question is:  Why won't the IRLP node work properly with just the PK5001Z?

      Tom NJ1K