Re: [irlp-embedded] RE: Reflash node?

  • David Cameron
    Message 1 of 18 , Oct 6, 2013
      When you are running the command

      passwd root

      you have to enter the new password, press Enter, then retype (confirm) the same password again, then press Enter again. This sets the root password.

      From: Kevin K <w1kgk@...>
      Sender: irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2013 19:15:11 -0700 (PDT)
      To: irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com<irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [irlp-embedded] RE: Reflash node?

      PS2 keyboard..is the one you shipped with my computer...

      after interning the new password....do i hit the enter key after the first password and then  inter the second password  hitting the enter key for a second time?

      question...what about resetting the Login?

      kevin
      w1kgk

      Message 2 of 18 , Oct 10, 2013
        if you use in incorrect login....this won't work either...correct?

        is there a way to reset or reload the harddrive with a flash stick...or just send you the black box back
        for reloading?

        kevin
        73's

        Message 3 of 18 , Oct 10, 2013
          If you send me back the black flash drive, I would just use the same
          process I have outlined in the document to recover the password.

          I am confused by your question:
          "if you use in incorrect login...this won't work either..correct?"

          Also by your comment in the last email about a PS2 keyboard shipped with
          the unit - I do not send keyboard with the units.

          Just want to confirm that you are using an IRLP embedded node, and not a
          micronode from Micronode International?

          Dave Cameron

          Message 4 of 18 , Oct 10, 2013
            yes...i bought it from you

            and i have followed the directions over 10 times with no luck??

            i am at a loss what to do ?

            kevin

            ps if you send me your phone number i can call you and we can do this step by step

            Message 5 of 18 , Oct 12, 2013
              Sorry, I have been away for the last few days. Can you please describe what is not working? What are you typing when you are logging in as root? What did you mean by:

               "if you use in incorrect login...this won't work either..correct?"

              David Cameron

              Message 6 of 18 , Oct 13, 2013
                I don't know if I'm using the correct login ??
                so if the login is incorrect....we won't be able to login either with a changed password

                kevin

                Message 7 of 18 , Oct 14, 2013
                  The login is

                  root

                  The password is whatever you set as a password. I am very confused now
                  what you are trying to accomplish. First I thought you were trying to
                  recover the root password, but now you are asking how to login.

                  Please carefully read the manual for the embedded node at:

                  http://www.irlp.net/embedded/embedded_info.pdf

                  Message 8 of 18 , Oct 17, 2013
                    Okay...here it is..since i bought this node from you...unable to get pass the login..

                    have tried to reset the password too many times to count

                    Unable to even get pass login:

                    I thought to send the black box back to you for reloading the software.   Start from Beginning?

                    Your thoughts....as it sits know UNUSABLE.

                    kevin kerr
                    w1kgk

                    Message 9 of 18 , Oct 18, 2013

                      It sounds to me like you have not even logged in once, and/or changed the root password for the device. You have had it since early September last year.

                      When you are presented with the login: prompt. the login is

                      root  (then press ENTER)

                      then you will get a password: prompt. The default password for the node is

                      rootirlp  (then press ENTER)

                      Your characters will not show on the screen while typing the password. If this works, then you have logged in and it will ask you to change the root password.

                      If this does not work, you can send me back just the flash drive from within the node. If you send the whole computer, it is possible that Canada Customs will slap a tariff and taxes on its value.

                      To get the flash drive out, remove the three screws on the back of the black box, remove the cover. Then remove the 4 silver screws that hold the "tray" the IRLP board is mounted on.

                      Lift up the tray, and on the motherboard there is an approximately 2.5inch by 0.25 inch black device (the flash drive). which has a red/black set of thin wires connected to the top of it. Carefully pull up on the wires to remove them from the top of the drive.

                      The remove the drive - it has little "push connections" on the side you have to squeeze to release it from the motherboard. Put that into a padded envelope, and send it via POSTAL service to

                      David Cameron

                      4722 Tourney Road

                      North Vancouver, BC

                      Canada V7K2W4

                      On the customs declaration form, identify it as a flash hard drive, value $30. Put in LARGE letters that is is RETURNING TO CANADA FOR REPAIR ONLY.

                      I will reset your password for you, and ship the flash drive back.

                      Dave Cameron

                      Message 10 of 18 , Oct 19, 2013
                        dave

                        the port is open dmz 216.47.48.145