RE: [irlp-embedded] Re: EchoIRLP

  • James Nessen
    Message 1 of 20 , Dec 15, 2006

      UserCountEnable will append the number of connected users to your location, for example, when I see my repeater in echolink, I see

      KD6HWC-R   Dixon, CA [0] (or 1 if I have someone connected)

      MaxCountEnable will do the same as above, but add the value you have set in MaxConferenceClients, example:

      KD6HWC-R   Dixon, CA [0/5] (the left is the number of connected users and the right is the max number of users that can connect)

      UserCountInLocation will enable the counts above to be disaplayed.  (if this is set to 0 and the ones above are set to 1, they wont be displayed until this variable is set to 1)

      Hope that helps.

      Jim / KD6HWC

      IRLP Node 3598

      EchoIRLP Node 83598

      Message 2 of 20 , Dec 15, 2006
        On 12/15/06, Don Morehouse <donmor46@...> wrote:

        > That is where I made the change from 1 to 5
        > MaxConferenceClients = 5
        > I did restart the node "/home/irlp/custom/rc.irlp"
        > There are three other settings that I may play with.
        > UserCountEnable = 0
        > MaxCountEnable = 0
        > UserCountinLocation = 0
        > Not sure what they are for exactly.

        The MaxConferenceClients must be at least 2. One for the EchoLink
        node, one for the IRLP node.

        The other settings determine conference node details listed on the
        EchoLink client and web site status pages.

        I almost always use "service tbd stop", and "service tbd start" just
        to be sure I see the service stop myself. I have seen instances where
        "service tbd restart" was not sufficient. You can use pgrep -l tbd to
        see if the service is still running after stopping it. I believe the
        modified rc.irlp does a "service tbd restart", so maybe that is an
        issue we need to resolve or ask Skip about.

        --
        Regards,
        David McAnally, WD5M
        Message 3 of 20 , Dec 15, 2006
          Also, please do not forget to run the flash_sync script as root after you
          make any changes. This saves the changes to the flash drive.

          You should also always try to power cycle the node after you do
          configuration changes. You can safely pull the power from a node as long
          as the flash_sync script is not running.

          Dave Cameron

          On Fri, 15 Dec
          2006, David McAnally wrote:

          > On 12/15/06, Don Morehouse <donmor46@...> wrote:
          >>

          >> That is where I made the change from 1 to 5
          >> MaxConferenceClients = 5
          >> I did restart the node "/home/irlp/custom/rc.irlp"
          >> There are three other settings that I may play with.
          >> UserCountEnable = 0
          >> MaxCountEnable = 0
          >> UserCountinLocation = 0
          >> Not sure what they are for exactly.
          >
          > The MaxConferenceClients must be at least 2. One for the EchoLink
          > node, one for the IRLP node.
          >
          > The other settings determine conference node details listed on the
          > EchoLink client and web site status pages.
          >
          > I almost always use "service tbd stop", and "service tbd start" just
          > to be sure I see the service stop myself. I have seen instances where
          > "service tbd restart" was not sufficient. You can use pgrep -l tbd to
          > see if the service is still running after stopping it. I believe the
          > modified rc.irlp does a "service tbd restart", so maybe that is an
          > issue we need to resolve or ask Skip about.

        • Craig
          Message 4 of 20 , Oct 28, 2007
            I want to disable Echolink on one of my nodes until further notice.
            I have searched the archives and found this post from Dave Cameron.
            It looks like I can disable the echolink portion of my embedded node
            by going into the "/home/irlp/features/features.env" file and
            changing:

            "export USE_ECHOIRLP=YES"

            "export USE_ECHOIRLP=NO"

            and then flash_sync from root and then reboot

            Can any of you confirm that this is all I need to do to disable
            echolink?

          • dcameron@irlp.net
            Message 5 of 20 , Oct 28, 2007
              That's all. It was designed to be that easy.

              --- In irlp-embedded@ <mailto:irlp-embedded%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com, "ve7ltd" <dcameron@...> wrote:

              > EchoIRLP is configured using four files:
              >
              > /home/irlp/features/EchoIRLP/custom/tbd.conf
              > /home/irlp/features/EchoIRLP/custom/echo_environment
              > /home/irlp/features/EchoIRLP/custom/userdata.txt
              >
              > and must be enabled in
              > /home/irlp/features/features.env
              >
              > The echolink "prefix" in configured in
              > /home/irlp/custom/custom_decode
              >
              > Hope that helps.
              >
              > Dave Cameron
            • Keith VE7GDH
              Message 6 of 20 , Oct 13, 2009
                It was mentioned over on the regular IRLP list...

                > ...my embedded node will do both IRLP (preferred) and Echo link.

                If someone were to try EchoIRLP on an embedded node, is disabling it
                (going back to IRLP only) as simple as editing features/features.env to
                change $USE_ECHOIRLP from YES back to NO again? Also, does it "just
                work" by enabling it, or is EchoLink registration needed ahead of time?

                I take it that the EchoLink and IRLP side of things are kept separate...
                i.e. no inter-connection?

                Message 7 of 20 , Oct 13, 2009
                  You have to configure the EchoIRLP portion, in that you require a -R
                  (repeater) or -L (link) Echolink account. All of the information
                  required to configure your EchoIRLP portion of the node is located in
                  the embedded info document that is available on the Embedded ordering page.

                  It is as easy as changing the features file to YES, configuring the
                  tbd.conf/userdata.txt/echo_environment files, flash_sync, reboot.

                  Turning it off is as easy as changing the features.env, syncing, and
                  rebooting.

                  The new filesystem that I will make available in a few days is the same,
                  except you don't have to flash_sync :)

                  Dave Cameron

                  Keith VE7GDH wrote:

                  > It was mentioned over on the regular IRLP list...
                  >
                  > > ...my embedded node will do both IRLP (preferred) and Echo link.
                  >
                  > If someone were to try EchoIRLP on an embedded node, is disabling it
                  > (going back to IRLP only) as simple as editing features/features.env to
                  > change $USE_ECHOIRLP from YES back to NO again? Also, does it "just
                  > work" by enabling it, or is EchoLink registration needed ahead of time?
                  >
                  > I take it that the EchoLink and IRLP side of things are kept separate...
                  > i.e. no inter-connection?
                  >
                  > Keith VE7GDH
                  > Node 1148

                • Keith VE7GDH
                  Message 8 of 20 , Oct 13, 2009
                    Dave VE7LTD wrote...

                    > Turning it off is as easy as changing the features.env, syncing,
                    > and rebooting. The new filesystem that I will make available
                    > in a few days is the same, except you don't have to flash_sync :)

                    Thanks for the info. Put me down for a files system upgrade
                    when available!