Re: [irlp-embedded] interval_id

  • Keith VE7GDH
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 13, 2013
      Dave G4CLI wrote...

      > I discovered the script "interval_id", and I've created the
      > relevant announcement wav file. When I trigger the interval_id
      > script from the console, I hear it transmitted. What I'd like to
      > do is have interval_id running all the time, with regular
      > announcements...

      Would you just add a cron job to run it every 15 minute?
      Edit $CUSTOM/custom.crons, something like the following if it
      is in the custom folder...

      0,15,30,45 * * * * (/home/irlp/custom/interval_id >/dev/null 2>&1)

      and of course "update files". Check it with "crontab -l"... or
      wait 15 minutes.

    • David Cameron
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 14, 2013
        Interval_id does run all the time if the arguments it needs are inserted into the environment file. If you search interval_id on the main IRLP Yahoogroup, you will see the directions.

        You should just have to run interval_id in the background, then it will ID on the requested interval - either by morse or voice.

        From: "Keith VE7GDH" <ve7gdh@...>
        Sender: irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 16:25:45 -0700
        To: <irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com>
        ReplyTo: irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: Re: [irlp-embedded] interval_id

        Dave G4CLI wrote...

        > I discovered the script "interval_id", and I've created the
        > relevant announcement wav file. When I trigger the interval_id
        > script from the console, I hear it transmitted. What I'd like to
        > do is have interval_id running all the time, with regular
        > announcements...

        Would you just add a cron job to run it every 15 minute?
        Edit $CUSTOM/custom.crons, something like the following if it
        is in the custom folder...

        0,15,30,45 * * * * (/home/irlp/custom/interval_id >/dev/null 2>&1)

        and of course "update files". Check it with "crontab -l"... or
        wait 15 minutes.

      • David Sadler-Lockwood
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 15, 2013

          Thank you for the tip about interval_id. I read all the info about it in the IRLP group.
          However, this did NOT start interval_id. I'm afraid I'm a bit of a Linux newbie!

          What didn't I do?

          73 Dave G4CLI
          PS: EchoIRLP still not working on node 5918

          --
          Dr David J Sadler-Lockwood G4CLI
          Secretary and Web Master