Re: [irlp-embedded] Re: Imbedded IRLP Node not working for Node 3600 (AK5Z)

    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 15, 2006
      I am unable to preconfigure the system for the IP behind the router. I
      looked through all of the emails we sent back and forth, and I can not
      find a specific request to assign an IP to it.

      By default the boxes are setup to use DHCP to obtain an IP from the
      router. Then the directions ask you to run the

      /root/set-static-ip

      Then you would configure your router for the IP that set-static-ip gives
      you.

      The IRLP node is preconfigured for the node number you ask me for. Once
      you get the router setup, it should work out just fine.

    • VE7GDH
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 15, 2006
        John AK5Z wrote...

        > Yes, I am using (and have been using) a Router...

        Are you able to plug a monitor and keyboard into the embedded node
        and get a prompt?

      • Nevada Amateur Radio Repeaters, Inc.
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 16, 2006
          Why not use "netconfig" and assign all network information needed making
          node IP static to the router IP where forwarding is assigned.

          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 16, 2006
            On Sat, 2006-12-16 at 15:39 -0800, Nevada Amateur Radio Repeaters, Inc.
            wrote:
            > Why not use "netconfig" and assign all network information needed making
            > node IP static to the router IP where forwarding is assigned.

            That is a RedHat program. Not supported by the version of Linux running
            on the embedded nodes. I would imagine. Yes, The embedded nodes do not
            run RH or FC versions of Linux.

            --
            Randy Hammock KC6HUR
            IRLP 4494 EchoLink 120688 (KC6HUR-L)