Re: Crontab Setup

  • kj4ydw
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 26, 2013
      No I don't have the script and I am not an expert to do the setup so I need guidance. I was told by David that all I need to do is set the scheduler.

      73's
      Ivor
      kj4ywd

      --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, Alan <k7iiv@...> wrote:

      > Do you have the script to use? Most of the time scripts use mpg 123 that I have not bend able to make work on the embedded node do to size of files needed
      >
      > Sent from:
      > Alan Boggs
      > K7iiv
      >

      > On Aug 25, 2013, at 9:06 AM, "kj4ydw" <kj4ydw@...> wrote:
      >
      > > I have an embedded node and want to setup a crontab (scheduler)to announce the time of day, can anyone guide me as to how this is done?
      > >
      > > 73's
      > > Ivor kj4ydw
      > > 7673

    • k_rung
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 29, 2013

        Where is the file located that needs editing and what is it called in order to get the crontab addition to get loaded?

        In the regular nodes it is called custom.crons and is located in /custom

        Can anyone let us know where the file is located and maybe the procedure like running the

        flash_sync to make it take?

        --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, <kj4ydw@...> wrote:

        No I don't have the script and I am not an expert to do the setup so I need guidance. I was told by David that all I need to do is set the scheduler.

        73's
        Ivor
        kj4ywd

        --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, Alan <k7iiv@...> wrote:

        > Do you have the script to use? Most of the time scripts use mpg 123 that I have not bend able to make work on the embedded node do to size of files needed
        >
        > Sent from:
        > Alan Boggs
        > K7iiv
        >

        > On Aug 25, 2013, at 9:06 AM, "kj4ydw" <kj4ydw@...> wrote:
        >
        > > I have an embedded node and want to setup a crontab (scheduler)to announce the time of day, can anyone guide me as to how this is done?
        > >
        > > 73's
        > > Ivor kj4ydw
        > > 7673

      • Alan
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 29, 2013
          Update files (as repeater)

          Sent from:
          Alan Boggs
          K7iiv

          On Aug 29, 2013, at 8:19 AM, <k_rung@...> wrote:

          Where is the file located that needs editing and what is it called in order to get the crontab addition to get loaded?

          In the regular nodes it is called custom.crons and is located in /custom

          Can anyone let us know where the file is located and maybe the procedure like running the

          flash_sync to make it take?

          --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, <kj4ydw@...> wrote:

          No I don't have the script and I am not an expert to do the setup so I need guidance. I was told by David that all I need to do is set the scheduler.

          73's
          Ivor
          kj4ywd

          --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, Alan <k7iiv@...> wrote:

          > Do you have the script to use? Most of the time scripts use mpg 123 that I have not bend able to make work on the embedded node do to size of files needed
          >
          > Sent from:
          > Alan Boggs
          > K7iiv
          >

          > On Aug 25, 2013, at 9:06 AM, "kj4ydw" <kj4ydw@...> wrote:
          >
          > > I have an embedded node and want to setup a crontab (scheduler)to announce the time of day, can anyone guide me as to how this is done?
          > >
          > > 73's
          > > Ivor kj4ydw
          > > 7673

        • donmor46
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 17, 2013

            try the IRLP Clock script located in the files section of the IRLP Group. It works good on my nodes.

            Don

          • pmoore4321@att.net
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 17, 2013
              I found google has a pretty good speech engine. You might want to try something like this:

              apt-get install mpg123

              nano /home/irlp/custom/saytime #add the following

              key
              mpg123 -q "http://translate.google.com/translate_tts?tl=en&q=The current time is $(date +%l+%M)"
              unkey

              chown repeater:repeater saytime

              That should work. You need to play with the "date" command, many options.

              Preston Moore, 7809