Re: [irlp-embedded] Problems with audio on reflector 9668

  • Don Sayler
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 7, 2013
      We finally got our node back online.  Now we need to update the greeting and sign-off messages.  The docs say that the WAV files are in the 'audio' directory on the node.  There are a lot of WAV files there, but no 'STN3978ON.WAV' or
      'STN3978OFF.WAV' files.  Are these on the IRLP server somewhere?  If I load the two WAV files into the audio directory,will they override the current ones?

      Thanks
      Don W7OXR

      On Sat, Aug 3, 2013 at 9:47 PM, Thomas Uhlman <nj1k@...> wrote:

      Gary,

      Thanks for the info.  I suspect it's something to do with the router but again, I have checked and rechecked the ports.  Also, I didn't mention it in my original post but I have run the troubleshooter and it passed all tests except the echolink one (I do not have echolink installed).

      But tell ya what, I will rerun the troubleshooter again tomorrow and report back to you the results.

      Thanks again,

      Tom NJ1K

      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 7, 2013

         I had just added a follow-up reply to the wrong message thread, the one I originated for a burned out nic. I meant to add it here.

        Ultimately, it seems that the problem is resolved.  The problem seems to have been something in my DSL router/modem that didn't like IRLP when connected to reflectors.  I ended up bridging the DSL router/modem and adding an outboard router.  Now everything seems to work with reflectors.  The router/modem I was using is a Zyxel PK5001Z supplied by CenturyLink.  I have heard there are some gaming consoles that have troubles with this modem.

        Thanks to Alan K7IIV and Dave WB8ODF for all the fine help.  Without it, I may still be fighting said problem.

        73 de Tom NJ1K

        ---In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, <irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        On Sun, 4 Aug 2013 10:29:23 -0400, Thomas Uhlman wrote:

        > Attached is a word doc with screen shots of the pertinant IRLP tests.
        > The one I don't understand is the system clock tests.

        Tom,

        You can't send attachments to the group, so I don't know what you have.

        Does the echo reflector work on 9998? Notice I said 9998, not 9990 or 9999. I
        believe that is a valid test for the individual ports, but could be wrong.

        > Also, please keep in mind that the problem the audio I have, then node
        > also doesn't send a COS signal to the reflector either. Not sure if
        > COS is sent on the same port as audio.

        The COS thing needs to be answered by one of the Daves, or someone else who
        knows exactly how the COS signal travels.

        Gary