Re: [irlp-embedded] Problems with audio on reflector 9668

  • AG0N-3055
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 3, 2013
      On Sat, 03 Aug 2013 02:26:04 -0000, tentecorion wrote:

      > I have been having a rather unique problem with just this one reflector.
      > My node will connect to the Saturday Night net on ref 9668, the status
      > page indicates I am connected, I hear the net perfectly but the net
      > doesn't seem to hear me, and they also don't seem to even hear a key-up
      > from me.

      You most likely will have the same problem on channel 8 (and maybe others) on
      ANY reflector. It just means you don't have ALL of the UDP ports forwarded.
      http://ag0n.net/irlp/#portforwarding

      Check your port forwarding ( use troubleshoot script ).
      http://ag0n.net/irlp/#troubleshootirlp

      Gary
      --
      Web: http://ag0n.net
      NodeOp Page: http://ag0n.net/irlp
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 3, 2013
        Gary,

        Thanks for the info.  I suspect it's something to do with the router but again, I have checked and rechecked the ports.  Also, I didn't mention it in my original post but I have run the troubleshooter and it passed all tests except the echolink one (I do not have echolink installed).

        But tell ya what, I will rerun the troubleshooter again tomorrow and report back to you the results.

        Thanks again,

        Tom NJ1K

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 4, 2013
        • 1 Attachment
        • 139 KB
        Hi Gary,

        Attached is a word doc with screen shots of the pertinant IRLP tests.  The one I don't understand is the system clock tests.

        Also, please keep in mind that the problem the audio I have, then node also doesn't send a COS signal to the reflector either.  Not sure if COS is sent on the same port as audio.

        Thanks again for your help.

        Tom NJ1K

        Message 4 of 7 , Aug 4, 2013
          On Sun, 4 Aug 2013 10:29:23 -0400, Thomas Uhlman wrote:

          > Attached is a word doc with screen shots of the pertinant IRLP tests.
          > The one I don't understand is the system clock tests.

          Tom,

          You can't send attachments to the group, so I don't know what you have.

          Does the echo reflector work on 9998? Notice I said 9998, not 9990 or 9999. I
          believe that is a valid test for the individual ports, but could be wrong.

          > Also, please keep in mind that the problem the audio I have, then node
          > also doesn't send a COS signal to the reflector either. Not sure if
          > COS is sent on the same port as audio.

          The COS thing needs to be answered by one of the Daves, or someone else who
          knows exactly how the COS signal travels.

          Gary
          --
          Web: http://ag0n.net
          NodeOp Page: http://ag0n.net/irlp
          Node 3055: http://ag0n.net/irlp/3055
        • Don Sayler

            On Sat, 03 Aug 2013 02:26:04 -0000, tentecorion wrote:

            > I have been having a rather unique problem with just this one reflector.
            > My node will connect to the Saturday Night net on ref 9668, the status
            > page indicates I am connected, I hear the net perfectly but the net
            > doesn't seem to hear me, and they also don't seem to even hear a key-up
            > from me.

            You most likely will have the same problem on channel 8 (and maybe others) on
            ANY reflector. It just means you don't have ALL of the UDP ports forwarded.
            http://ag0n.net/irlp/#portforwarding

            Check your port forwarding ( use troubleshoot script ).
            http://ag0n.net/irlp/#troubleshootirlp

            Gary
            --
            Web: http://ag0n.net
            NodeOp Page: http://ag0n.net/irlp
            Node 3055: http://ag0n.net/irlp/3055

          • tentecorion
            Message 6 of 7 , Oct 7, 2013

               I had just added a follow-up reply to the wrong message thread, the one I originated for a burned out nic. I meant to add it here.

              Ultimately, it seems that the problem is resolved.  The problem seems to have been something in my DSL router/modem that didn't like IRLP when connected to reflectors.  I ended up bridging the DSL router/modem and adding an outboard router.  Now everything seems to work with reflectors.  The router/modem I was using is a Zyxel PK5001Z supplied by CenturyLink.  I have heard there are some gaming consoles that have troubles with this modem.

              Thanks to Alan K7IIV and Dave WB8ODF for all the fine help.  Without it, I may still be fighting said problem.

              73 de Tom NJ1K