Re: [irlp-embedded] Outputs

  • Don Sayler
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 30, 2013
      Thanks David.  Being primarily a software guy, I don't understand how to use this info.

      I need to use the PTT/AUX1 outputs to switch an external 10V signal to our repeater controller.  I tried using a 5V relay, where the coil was connected between the AUX3 output (measured at 4.8V) and PTT/AUX1.

      When I turn AUX1 on, I expected the relay to energize, but it didn't.  I did make sure that the relay worked by testing it with another 4.5V source.  What is the proper way to wire this?  Do I even need the relay?  Can I use the FET to switch the 10V directly?

      On Sun, Jun 30, 2013 at 7:20 PM, David Cameron (IRLP) <dcameron@...> wrote:

      http://www.irlp.net/new-install/Ver3_Wiring.pdf

      They are not open collector, as they have a 100K pull-up resistor to +5V.

      But they are FETs that go to ground. PTT, AUX1, AUX2, and AUX3 are all
      the same.

      They can handle up to 6A per fet, but the wire that feeds the DB-9 cable
      can only handle about 500mA.

      On 6/30/2013 12:24 PM, dsay2001 wrote:
      > How do the outputs work? Are they Open Collector type, or ...? I looked through this board, and the Embedded Node docs, but couldn't find any details. Is there some documentation that I missed?
      >
      > Thanks.

    • dsay2001
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 3, 2013
        Let's try a different question then...
        What is the maximum voltage that can be applied to one of the output pins?