Re: [irlp-embedded] Re: embedded node controller

  • Alan Boggs
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 25, 2013

      On Jun 25, 2013, at 7:14 PM, "ve7ltd" <dcameron@...> wrote:

      Im using the Alinco 135

      It works great until I use the controller
      the aux 1 and cos flash and the radio too at the same time unable to transmit
      Node jumpers are all defult I tried the lock out change but no difference
      Alan
    • Alan Boggs
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 25, 2013
        It is just simplex no repeater!
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 25, 2013
          Well the controller is for a repeater. It will not work on a half-duplex radio like the Alinco DR135T.

          It can not receive and transmit at the same time.

          --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, Alan Boggs <k7iiv@...> wrote:

          > On Jun 25, 2013, at 7:14 PM, "ve7ltd" <dcameron@...> wrote:
          >
          > Im using the Alinco 135
          >
          > It works great until I use the controller
          > the aux 1 and cos flash and the radio too at the same time unable to transmit
          > Node jumpers are all defult I tried the lock out change but no difference
          > Alan

        • Alan Boggs
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 25, 2013
            ok we were going to just use it for the courtesy tones can that be done?
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 25, 2013
              No, it is a full duplex repeater controller.

              Dave

              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 25, 2013

                On Jun 25, 2013, at 7:29 PM, "David Cameron (IRLP)" <dcameron@...> wrote:

                Thanks

              • Alan Boggs
                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 25, 2013
                  Dave
                  I know that can be done by simple scripts.

                  Do you have maybe a bunch of scripts that you can send
                  Or is there a site to download scrips for just the embedded node?

                  Thanks

                  Alan
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 25, 2013
                    No, there is no site for scripts specific to the embedded node. But if
                    it is a bash script that uses binaries that are already included with
                    IRLP, it will work fine with the embedded node.

                    There are literally hundreds of scripts, but most of them need some
                    modification to work with the embedded node.

                    It sounds that you might be better off replacing your flash based
                    embedded node with a full CentOS or Debian version on a 2Gig flash card.
                    That way your embedded node will be identical to all other CentOS or
                    Debian nodes.