Re: [irlp-embedded] Sudoers file

  • Alan
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 20, 2013
      The script is at:

      On Jun 20, 2013, at 10:16 AM, "David Cameron (IRLP)" <dcameron@...> wrote:

      Post the script - I can not think of anything that a user would not be
      able to do with ping except run ping -f (flood).

      What ping command does the script use?

      On an embedded node, your only choice is to use setuid root:

      chmod +s /bin/ping

      You have to realize that the embedded node was designed as a stripped
      down linux computer to run entirely in RAM, and as such does not have a
      lot of extra packages installed. You could choose to put a 2G or 4G IDE
      flash drive in the machine instead, and run Debian or CentOS.

      Dave Cameron