embedded node controller

  • k7iiv
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 25, 2013
      I have an embedded node and want to use the controller I changed NO to YES on the file and when it is rebooted it seems as though it will work but I am unable to key the node the node radio is not keying it flashes the tx I don't want to keep trying so I thought I would ask?
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 25, 2013
        Are you using a full duplex radio?

        --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, "k7iiv" <k7iiv@...> wrote:

        > I have an embedded node and want to use the controller I changed NO to YES on the file and when it is rebooted it seems as though it will work but I am unable to key the node the node radio is not keying it flashes the tx I don't want to keep trying so I thought I would ask?

      • Alan Boggs
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 25, 2013

          On Jun 25, 2013, at 7:14 PM, "ve7ltd" <dcameron@...> wrote:

          Im using the Alinco 135

          It works great until I use the controller
          the aux 1 and cos flash and the radio too at the same time unable to transmit
          Node jumpers are all defult I tried the lock out change but no difference
          Alan
        • Alan Boggs
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 25, 2013
            It is just simplex no repeater!
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 25, 2013
              Well the controller is for a repeater. It will not work on a half-duplex radio like the Alinco DR135T.

              It can not receive and transmit at the same time.

              --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, Alan Boggs <k7iiv@...> wrote:

              > On Jun 25, 2013, at 7:14 PM, "ve7ltd" <dcameron@...> wrote:
              >
              > Im using the Alinco 135
              >
              > It works great until I use the controller
              > the aux 1 and cos flash and the radio too at the same time unable to transmit
              > Node jumpers are all defult I tried the lock out change but no difference
              > Alan

            • Alan Boggs
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 25, 2013
                ok we were going to just use it for the courtesy tones can that be done?
                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 25, 2013
                  No, it is a full duplex repeater controller.

                  Dave

                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 25, 2013

                    On Jun 25, 2013, at 7:29 PM, "David Cameron (IRLP)" <dcameron@...> wrote:

                    Thanks

                  • Alan Boggs
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jun 25, 2013
                      I know that can be done by simple scripts.

                      Do you have maybe a bunch of scripts that you can send
                      Or is there a site to download scrips for just the embedded node?

                      Thanks

                      Alan
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jun 25, 2013
                        No, there is no site for scripts specific to the embedded node. But if
                        it is a bash script that uses binaries that are already included with
                        IRLP, it will work fine with the embedded node.

                        There are literally hundreds of scripts, but most of them need some
                        modification to work with the embedded node.

                        It sounds that you might be better off replacing your flash based
                        embedded node with a full CentOS or Debian version on a 2Gig flash card.
                        That way your embedded node will be identical to all other CentOS or
                        Debian nodes.