Re: [irlp-embedded] Sudoers file

  • Alan
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 20, 2013
      The script is at:

      On Jun 20, 2013, at 10:16 AM, "David Cameron (IRLP)" <dcameron@...> wrote:

      Post the script - I can not think of anything that a user would not be
      able to do with ping except run ping -f (flood).

      What ping command does the script use?

      On an embedded node, your only choice is to use setuid root:

      chmod +s /bin/ping

      You have to realize that the embedded node was designed as a stripped
      down linux computer to run entirely in RAM, and as such does not have a
      lot of extra packages installed. You could choose to put a 2G or 4G IDE
      flash drive in the machine instead, and run Debian or CentOS.

      Dave Cameron

      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 20, 2013
        Seems to me like the script is asking ping to do something it can not.

        The ping binary is part of busybox, and as such may not have all of the
        options you are looking for.

        Since it is not a script that I wrote, I really can not provide much
        support for it, or be able to test it on any of my nodes.