Looking for some scripts!

  • k7iiv
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 14, 2013
      Hi, Is there a text to speech script that works on an embedded node? And is there a script that I can use for rain report ( A 15 min. news line ) ? Also I would like a script to silent the DTMF tone for disconnecting from a node or reflected?

      If anyone can help you can email it to:

      k7iiv@...
      Thanks
      Alan
      K7IIV
    • Alan
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 20, 2013
        Im looking for:    /etc/sudoers

        Im on an Embedded node
        Tried this logged in root
        No file I need to add a Line at the end of this file but can't locate the file
        Thanks

        Sent from:
        Alan Boggs
        K7iiv

        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 20, 2013
          The embedded nodes do not have sudo (and thus a sudoers file).

          What are you trying to do?

          Dave

          On 6/20/2013 9:51 AM, Alan wrote:
          > Im looking for: /etc/sudoers
          >
          > Im on an Embedded node
          > Tried this logged in root
          > No file I need to add a Line at the end of this file but can't locate the file
          > Thanks
          >
          > Sent from:
          > Alan Boggs
          > K7iiv
          >

          > On Jun 14, 2013, at 2:46 PM, "k7iiv" <k7iiv@...> wrote:
          >
          >> Hi, Is there a text to speech script that works on an embedded node? And is there a script that I can use for rain report ( A 15 min. news line ) ? Also I would like a script to silent the DTMF tone for disconnecting from a node or reflected?
          >>
          >> If anyone can help you can email it to:
          >>
          >> k7iiv@...
          >> Thanks
          >> Alan
          >> K7IIV

        • Alan
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 20, 2013
            I'm using a script connectivity check, and need unhindered access to the ping utility. It says this obstacle is easily  over come by adding the following to your /etc/sudoers file
            repeater ALL= NOPASSWD:/bin/ping

            Sent from:
            Alan Boggs
            K7iiv

            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 20, 2013
              Post the script - I can not think of anything that a user would not be
              able to do with ping except run ping -f (flood).

              What ping command does the script use?

              On an embedded node, your only choice is to use setuid root:

              chmod +s /bin/ping

              You have to realize that the embedded node was designed as a stripped
              down linux computer to run entirely in RAM, and as such does not have a
              lot of extra packages installed. You could choose to put a 2G or 4G IDE
              flash drive in the machine instead, and run Debian or CentOS.

              Dave Cameron

              On 6/20/2013 10:03 AM, Alan wrote:
              > I'm using a script connectivity check, and need unhindered access to the ping utility. It says this obstacle is easily over come by adding the following to your /etc/sudoers file
              > repeater ALL= NOPASSWD:/bin/ping
              >
              > Sent from:
              > Alan Boggs
              > K7iiv
              >

              > On Jun 20, 2013, at 9:56 AM, "David Cameron (IRLP)" <dcameron@...> wrote:
              >
              >> The embedded nodes do not have sudo (and thus a sudoers file).
              >>
              >> What are you trying to do?
              >>
              >> Dave
              >>
              >> On 6/20/2013 9:51 AM, Alan wrote:
              >>> Im looking for: /etc/sudoers
              >>>
              >>> Im on an Embedded node
              >>> Tried this logged in root
              >>> No file I need to add a Line at the end of this file but can't locate the file
              >>> Thanks
              >>>
              >>> Sent from:
              >>> Alan Boggs
              >>> K7iiv

            • Alan
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 20, 2013
                The script is at:

                On Jun 20, 2013, at 10:16 AM, "David Cameron (IRLP)" <dcameron@...> wrote:

                Post the script - I can not think of anything that a user would not be
                able to do with ping except run ping -f (flood).

                What ping command does the script use?

                On an embedded node, your only choice is to use setuid root:

                chmod +s /bin/ping

                You have to realize that the embedded node was designed as a stripped
                down linux computer to run entirely in RAM, and as such does not have a
                lot of extra packages installed. You could choose to put a 2G or 4G IDE
                flash drive in the machine instead, and run Debian or CentOS.

                Dave Cameron

                On 6/20/2013 10:03 AM, Alan wrote:
                > I'm using a script connectivity check, and need unhindered access to the ping utility. It says this obstacle is easily over come by adding the following to your /etc/sudoers file
                > repeater ALL= NOPASSWD:/bin/ping
                >
                > Sent from:
                > Alan Boggs
                > K7iiv
                >

                > On Jun 20, 2013, at 9:56 AM, "David Cameron (IRLP)" <dcameron@...> wrote:
                >
                >> The embedded nodes do not have sudo (and thus a sudoers file).
                >>
                >> What are you trying to do?
                >>
                >> Dave
                >>
                >> On 6/20/2013 9:51 AM, Alan wrote:
                >>> Im looking for: /etc/sudoers
                >>>
                >>> Im on an Embedded node
                >>> Tried this logged in root
                >>> No file I need to add a Line at the end of this file but can't locate the file
                >>> Thanks
                >>>
                >>> Sent from:
                >>> Alan Boggs
                >>> K7iiv

              • Alan Boggs
                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 20, 2013
                  Dave Im sure this is the part of the script that is hanging up The 3rd line ( pfresult=`sudo /bin/ping)

                  # if host is reachable, then ping flood with packets of specified size and count; try up to 3 times for a , 'passing' result
                  while [[ "$pass" -lt "3" && "$pfresult" == "" ]]; do
                  pfresult=`sudo /bin/ping -f -s $packetsize -c $packetcount $i 2>/dev/null | grep 'packets transmitted' | cut -d ' ' -f6 | sed 's/%//'`
                  if [ "$pfresult" -lt "$threshold" ]; then
                  # report the good news and exit
                  echo "Connectivity verified, connection is up!"
                  exit 0# if host is reachable, then ping flood with packets of specified size and count; try up to 3 times for a , 'passing' result
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 20, 2013
                    Okay, so remove the word "sudo", and set ping as setuid root.

                    pfresult=`/bin/ping -f .....

                    And

                    chmod +s /bin/ping

                    Don't forget to flash_sync the changes.

                    On 6/20/2013 11:16 AM, Alan Boggs wrote:
                    > Dave Im sure this is the part of the script that is hanging up The 3rd line ( pfresult=`sudo /bin/ping)
                    >

                    > # if host is reachable, then ping flood with packets of specified size and count; try up to 3 times for a , 'passing' result
                    > while [[ "$pass" -lt "3" && "$pfresult" == "" ]]; do
                    > pfresult=`sudo /bin/ping -f -s $packetsize -c $packetcount $i 2>/dev/null | grep 'packets transmitted' | cut -d ' ' -f6 | sed 's/%//'`
                    > if [ "$pfresult" -lt "$threshold" ]; then
                    > # report the good news and exit
                    > echo "Connectivity verified, connection is up!"
                    > exit 0# if host is reachable, then ping flood with packets of specified size and count; try up to 3 times for a , 'passing' result
                    > while [[ "$pass" -lt "3" && "$pfresult" == "" ]]; do
                    > pfresult=`sudo /bin/ping -f -s $packetsize -c $packetcount $i 2>/dev/null | grep 'packets transmitted' | cut -d ' ' -f6 | sed 's/%//'`
                    > if [ "$pfresult" -lt "$threshold" ]; then
                    > # report the good news and exit
                    > echo "Connectivity verified, connection is up!"
                    > exit 0

                  • Alan Boggs
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jun 20, 2013
                      I did all you said to do when I run the script I get:

                      192.168.0.1 is alive, checking packet integrity...
                      ./connectivity_check: line 28: [: : integer expression expected
                      ./connectivity_check: line 28: [: : integer expression expected
                      ./connectivity_check: line 28: [: : integer expression expected
                      Connectivity failed, connection is DOWN!
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jun 20, 2013
                        Seems to me like the script is asking ping to do something it can not.

                        The ping binary is part of busybox, and as such may not have all of the
                        options you are looking for.

                        Since it is not a script that I wrote, I really can not provide much
                        support for it, or be able to test it on any of my nodes.