Re: [irlp-embedded] Script for link status

  • David Murphy
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 12, 2013
      Thanks for the info. I will let you know how I come out.

      73

      David W. Murphy
      K5FOY
       iPad

      On Jun 12, 2013, at 10:39 AM, "Keith VE7GDH" <ve7gdh@...> wrote:

      K5FOY wrote...

      > Is there there a script for link status for the embedded node.
      > When I used CentOS for my node I could call a script and get
      > a reply of link clear or you are connected to node number xxxx.

      In my custom_decode, I have something like...

      # Ask who the node is connected to...
      if [ "$1" = "S123" ] ; then "$CUSTOM"/connected_to ; exit 1 ; fi

      and in the script connected_to...

      #!/bin/bash
      source $SCRIPT/common-functions.sh

      # Tells you which node or reflector you are connected to...

      if [ -f $LOCAL/active ]; then
      CONNECTED="`cat $LOCAL/active`"
      killall ispeaker >/dev/null 2>&1 &
      killall ispeaker_PCI >/dev/null 2>&1 &
      echo "Your node is currently connected to $CONNECTED"
      set_node_digits $CONNECTED NUM1 NUM2 NUM3 NUM4

      if echo $CONNECTED | grep "ref" >/dev/null ; then
      IDFILE="reflector $NUM1 $NUM2 $NUM3 $NUM4"
      else
      IDFILE="nodenum $NUM1 $NUM2 $NUM3 $NUM4"
      fi
      $SCRIPT/wavplay connected $IDFILE
      $SCRIPT/sfswrapper
      exit 0
      else $SCRIPT/beep_off
      fi

      The script beep_off just plays a wave file. Mine just beeps, but
      you could record a wave file saying "not connected".

      #!/bin/bash

      [ -z "$SCRIPT" ] && SCRIPT=/home/irlp/scripts
      source $SCRIPT/common-functions.sh

      $BIN/key
      usleep 500000
      $BIN/play $AUDIO/beep_off.wav >/dev/null 2>&1
      $BIN/unkey
      exit 0

      73 Keith VE7GDH