Script for link status

  • k5foy
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 12, 2013
      Is there there a script for link status for tHe embedded node. When I used CentOS for my node I could call a script and get a reply of link clear or you are connected to node number xxxx.
      Thanks
    • Keith VE7GDH
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 12, 2013
        K5FOY wrote...

        > Is there there a script for link status for the embedded node.
        > When I used CentOS for my node I could call a script and get
        > a reply of link clear or you are connected to node number xxxx.

        In my custom_decode, I have something like...

        # Ask who the node is connected to...
        if [ "$1" = "S123" ] ; then "$CUSTOM"/connected_to ; exit 1 ; fi

        and in the script connected_to...

        #!/bin/bash
        source $SCRIPT/common-functions.sh

        # Tells you which node or reflector you are connected to...

        if [ -f $LOCAL/active ]; then
        CONNECTED="`cat $LOCAL/active`"
        killall ispeaker >/dev/null 2>&1 &
        killall ispeaker_PCI >/dev/null 2>&1 &
        echo "Your node is currently connected to $CONNECTED"
        set_node_digits $CONNECTED NUM1 NUM2 NUM3 NUM4

        if echo $CONNECTED | grep "ref" >/dev/null ; then
        IDFILE="reflector $NUM1 $NUM2 $NUM3 $NUM4"
        else
        IDFILE="nodenum $NUM1 $NUM2 $NUM3 $NUM4"
        fi
        $SCRIPT/wavplay connected $IDFILE
        $SCRIPT/sfswrapper
        exit 0
        else $SCRIPT/beep_off
        fi

        The script beep_off just plays a wave file. Mine just beeps, but
        you could record a wave file saying "not connected".

        #!/bin/bash

        [ -z "$SCRIPT" ] && SCRIPT=/home/irlp/scripts
        source $SCRIPT/common-functions.sh

        $BIN/key
        usleep 500000
        $BIN/play $AUDIO/beep_off.wav >/dev/null 2>&1
        $BIN/unkey
        exit 0

        73 Keith VE7GDH
        Node 1148
      • David Murphy
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 12, 2013
          Thanks for the info. I will let you know how I come out.

          73

          David W. Murphy
          K5FOY
           iPad