Embedded node status on an external web page

  • Pres Waterman
    Message 1 of 5 , May 23, 2013
      schniiiiiiiiiiiip

      2a. Embedded node status on an external web page
      Posted by: "David" g4cli@... g4cli
      Date: Sat May 18, 2013 1:27 pm ((PDT))

      I have been asked by my local radio club (the Wakefield & District Radio
      Society), for whom I operate MB7IWR (IRLP-5918;Echolink-318283) which is an
      embedded node. When the node used to run as a "full" node (i.e., under
      CentOS) I could run the irlpvcon/irlpvmon scripts.

      Unfortunately, these wonderful scripts require Perl, which the embedded
      nodes do not have.

      snippety-snip

      David, I had no trouble adding Perl (and Apache) to my embedded node. As
      root, type

      yum install perl
      <enter>

      you may also want apache
      yum install apache
      <enter>

      These instructions are on k6ib.com (the author of the wonderful IRLPVxxx
      program(me)s

      -Pres W2PW
    • David
      Message 2 of 5 , May 25, 2013
        --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, "Pres Waterman" <pp9pp9pp@...> wrote:

        > schniiiiiiiiiiiip
        >

        > 2a. Embedded node status on an external web page
        > Posted by: "David" g4cli@... g4cli
        > Date: Sat May 18, 2013 1:27 pm ((PDT))
        >
        > I have been asked by my local radio club (the Wakefield & District Radio
        > Society), for whom I operate MB7IWR (IRLP-5918;Echolink-318283) which is an
        > embedded node. When the node used to run as a "full" node (i.e., under
        > CentOS) I could run the irlpvcon/irlpvmon scripts.
        >
        > Unfortunately, these wonderful scripts require Perl, which the embedded
        > nodes do not have.
        >
        > snippety-snip
        >
        > David, I had no trouble adding Perl (and Apache) to my embedded node. As
        > root, type
        >
        > yum install perl
        > <enter>
        >
        > you may also want apache
        > yum install apache
        > <enter>
        >
        > These instructions are on k6ib.com (the author of the wonderful IRLPVxxx
        > program(me)s
        >
        > -Pres W2PW

        Pres

        Thanks,but the embedded node (as shipped by Dave VE7LTD) runs a modified version of Slackware, which doesn't have a yum command.

        73 Dave G4CLI
        Message 3 of 5 , May 26, 2013
          Yes Pres is running a 4G CentOS flash card in his node, which is no
          different than a full hard drive.