Re: [irlp-embedded] Embedded node status on an external web page

    Message 1 of 5 , May 18, 2013
      You can just pull the data from the status page:

      http://status.irlp.net/IRLPnodestatus.php?node=5918

      On 5/17/2013 3:54 PM, David wrote:
      > I have been asked by my local radio club (the Wakefield & District Radio Society), for whom I operate MB7IWR (IRLP-5918;Echolink-318283) which is an embedded node. When the node used to run as a "full" node (i.e., under CentOS) I could run the irlpvcon/irlpvmon scripts.
      >
      > Unfortunately, these wonderful scripts require Perl, which the embedded nodes do not have.
      >
      > Has anyone come up with a way of getting a page on our club web server (www.wdrs.org.uk) to show the current node status? Something simple, like "IDLE" "CONNECTED" would do to start.
      >
      > I look forward to any hints, tips or offers of code!
      >
      > Thanks in advance
      >
      > 73 Dave G4CLI
      > --
      > Dr David J Lockwood G4CLI
      > Secretary and Web Master
      > Wakefield & District Radio Society
      > www.wdrs.org.uk

    • Pres Waterman
      Message 2 of 5 , May 23, 2013
        schniiiiiiiiiiiip

        2a. Embedded node status on an external web page
        Posted by: "David" g4cli@... g4cli
        Date: Sat May 18, 2013 1:27 pm ((PDT))

        I have been asked by my local radio club (the Wakefield & District Radio
        Society), for whom I operate MB7IWR (IRLP-5918;Echolink-318283) which is an
        embedded node. When the node used to run as a "full" node (i.e., under
        CentOS) I could run the irlpvcon/irlpvmon scripts.

        Unfortunately, these wonderful scripts require Perl, which the embedded
        nodes do not have.

        snippety-snip

        David, I had no trouble adding Perl (and Apache) to my embedded node. As
        root, type

        yum install perl
        <enter>

        you may also want apache
        yum install apache
        <enter>

        These instructions are on k6ib.com (the author of the wonderful IRLPVxxx
        program(me)s

        -Pres W2PW
      • David
        Message 3 of 5 , May 25, 2013
          --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, "Pres Waterman" <pp9pp9pp@...> wrote:

          > schniiiiiiiiiiiip
          >

          > 2a. Embedded node status on an external web page
          > Posted by: "David" g4cli@... g4cli
          > Date: Sat May 18, 2013 1:27 pm ((PDT))
          >
          > I have been asked by my local radio club (the Wakefield & District Radio
          > Society), for whom I operate MB7IWR (IRLP-5918;Echolink-318283) which is an
          > embedded node. When the node used to run as a "full" node (i.e., under
          > CentOS) I could run the irlpvcon/irlpvmon scripts.
          >
          > Unfortunately, these wonderful scripts require Perl, which the embedded
          > nodes do not have.
          >
          > snippety-snip
          >
          > David, I had no trouble adding Perl (and Apache) to my embedded node. As
          > root, type
          >
          > yum install perl
          > <enter>
          >
          > you may also want apache
          > yum install apache
          > <enter>
          >
          > These instructions are on k6ib.com (the author of the wonderful IRLPVxxx
          > program(me)s
          >
          > -Pres W2PW

          Pres

          Thanks,but the embedded node (as shipped by Dave VE7LTD) runs a modified version of Slackware, which doesn't have a yum command.

          73 Dave G4CLI
          Message 4 of 5 , May 26, 2013
            Yes Pres is running a 4G CentOS flash card in his node, which is no
            different than a full hard drive.