User controlled timeout values

  • Pres Waterman
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 23 7:11 AM
      1. User controlled timeout values
      From: michael_fox

      Message
      1. User controlled timeout values
      Posted by: "michael_fox" n6mef@... michael_fox
      Date: Tue Mar 5, 2013 10:14 pm ((PST))

      The default value in /home/irlp/custom/timeoutvalue is 300 (seconds = 5
      mins.) This is far too short for many situations, such as participating in
      a net. But it could be a good value for other situations, such as keeping
      the node clear if no one is on the local repeater to respond.

      For the time being, I've set my timeoutvalue to a higher value to avoid
      dropping out while listening to my regular nets.

      But I'm wondering if there is a "standard" or preferred method for allowing
      the user to control this value on a connect-by-connect basis. Ideally, I
      would envision the user dialing a command with the desired timeout value,
      then connecting. Upon disconnect, the value would be back to whatever
      default is configured in the above timeoutvalue file.

      Has anyone done this? If so, can you share your script?

      Mike, not sure if this has been answered but here is a snippet from my
      custom decode

      if [ "$1" = "96150" ] ; then "$SCRIPT"/connect_to_reflector ref9615
      notimeout ; exit 1 ; fi
      if [ "$1" = "90500" ] ; then "$SCRIPT"/connect_to_reflector ref9050
      notimeout ; exit 1 ; fi
      if [ "$1" = "90510" ] ; then "$SCRIPT"/connect_to_reflector ref9051
      notimeout ; exit 1 ; fi

      Therefore when a user dials 9050 they get reflector 9050 with regular
      timeout
      if they dial 90500 they get 9050 with no timeout

      both sound the same, there is no audible distinction to with/without
      timeout. I don't know how to readjust the actual timing value on the fly.

      -Pres W2PW
    • Don
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 21, 2013
        This works for me. Place in custom_decode

        Key, dtmf 00 unkey
        Key, node/reflector number

        # SHUT OFF TIMEOUT FOR NEXT CALL
        if [ "$1" = "00" ] ; then rm "$LOCAL"/timeout ; exit 1 ; fi

        Don VE7EDA