VIA is discontinuing the LN10000EG motherboard

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 13, 2013
      I have been informed that VIA will no longer be carrying the LN10000EG motherboard. This is the main component that makes up the embedded IRLP nodes.

      As such, I will not be able to replace motherboards on embedded nodes easily, and they may have to be replaced with a different board (slightly). I still have not found the best replacement yet.

      That being said, there are still a number of the older versions of the motherboards around (like the ME-6000 used on the 1st versions).

      The path forward will be to build a custom kit for a board like the Raspberry Pi, Beagleboard, Beaglebone, etc. These will be just as powerful and reliable as the current systems in a smaller footprint.

    • ve1aic
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 15, 2013
        Thanks for your work on this Dave.
        I had been trying to source a LN10000EG recently. Having just fired up my first Pi, I am excited by the prospects of its development.
        It may not be the all-in-one computer, but even if I had to use 2 (or 3) of them for special purposes, its still smaller & cheaper than ATX motherboards.
        If the Pi turns out to be as reliable as other IRLP systems I've run it will be a welcome move forward.

        I sent a donation to IRLP to help with this development.
        Thanks again Dave.
        After running IRLP 24/7/365 since 2001 I'm excited for this new era of IRLP.

        73, Ron VE1AIC
        IRLP Nodes 2030, 2618