REMOTE ACCESS

  • Alan M
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 12, 2013
      I am unable to access my embedded node from a remote location using
      http://stn6584.ip.irlp.net/control/
      Port forwarding of 15426 and 80 to 192.168.1.10 (node LAN address) is in place. When trying to access remotely a message comes back that the server has dropped the connection. It says wait a few minutes and try again but to no avail.

      I have installed install-ra per http://www.irlp.net/owners/remote-admin.html but get error messages during installation to effect "- (Re)starting HTTP service ....
      Starting httpd: (98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address [::]:15426
      Unable to open logs"

      Putty and WinSCP work fine within the LAN but remote access from another location will not function. That is, no connection is possible from outside my router. I have also followed instructions from portforward.com re my router TP Link TD-W8960N .

      The embedded node is fitted with the 2gb flash drive. The node works fine but remote access is not functioning.

      Can some tests be run and I will appreciated assistance and suggestions.
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 13, 2013
        Well remote-admin was already installed on your system, and then what
        you did was re-install it on top, using different ports - even with the
        2GB flash drive installed.

        So now you have a port conflict between http and ssh.

        I was able to log into your node remotely, and fix the issue.

        Your embedded node's SSH listens on port 15426, so you have to use that
        port with Putty (SSH), and WinSCP.

        Now the web port is listening on port 80, like it should, and I am
        prompted for a username and password.

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 13, 2013
          Dave,

          I discoverd port 80 and others blocked by my ISP which may have created the problem that led to me re-installing "install-ra" trying to sort the problem out and created a new one.

          I got the blocked ports issue sorted out just before you looked at the matter.

          Many thanks for your assistance. The remote access now works fine.

          Alan Mitchell
          VK5WAM