Re: [irlp-embedded] How to Set the IRLP Output Audio Level

  • David Stanford
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2013
      Not sure if you log into root or repeater
      The run "audiotest" without quotes.
      Ve7ltd does voice and tones.
      I also 2nd the audio_level_test Very nice tool!
      de k7iou

      On Friday, February 1, 2013, michael_fox wrote:

      I have run the audio_level_test script and have successfully set the input audio (repeater controller output to IRLP input) using a combination of the IGain slider and the repeater controller's TX gain. What a nice tool!

      Now I need to set the IRLP output audio (IRLP output to repeater controller input) level. But the embedded IRLP set-up instructions don't mention this. I would expect there to be some way to generate separately a continuous tone and some human voice audio in order to adjust levels. But I don't see anything like this documented.

      What is the recommended way to set the IRLP output audio level? (I can do it by ear, but I'm hoping for something more quantitative/repeatable.)

      Thanks,
      Michael
      N6MEF