Help with Echolink Configuration

  • wb5nfc
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2013
      I've been trying unsuccessfully for several days to configure my embedded node for use with Echolink. IRLP is working fine. If anyone can take a look at my config files and point me in the right direction, I would be most appreciative. I have double-checked port forwarding, have run flash_sync after making changes and restarted.

      ; userdata.txt
      ;
      WB5NFC-R
      Mtn. Home AR EchoIRLP
      Mtn. Home
      IRLP5660

      ---------------------

      # $Id: tbd.conf,v 1.9 2003/09/06 19:08:26 wb9tpd Exp $

      ConferenceCall = WB5NFC
      ConferencePass = MY PASSWORD
      ConferenceQth = Mtn. Home AR 444.975
      EmailAdr = wb5nfc@...

      -------------------

      #echo_environment
      # <My Call>
      # This variable contains the callsign of the local EchoIRLP system as known by the EchoLink network

      export ECHO_MYCALL=WB5NFC-R
      export ECHO_TIMEOUT_VALUE=0

      # <Say Node Number>
      # This variable determines if the node number is spoken after the standard connect to EchoLink message is played.

      export ECHO_SAY_NODE=CALLSIGN

      # <Use EchoLink Servers>
      # The following variable determines if you will use the EchoLink Status servers or
      # a hosts file for IP address resolution. Please make sure to read the installation
      # instructions for complete details on the use of host files and EchoLink servers.

      export ECHO_SERVERS=NO

      # <Seclect EchoLink Server>
      # Set this variable for the EchoLink Status server desired
      # This is not used if you selected ECHO_HOSTS=YES
      # Uncomment the desired server
      #export ECHO_SERVER=oceania.echolink.org
      export ECHO_SERVER=naeast.echolink.org
      #export ECHO_SERVER=nasouth.echolink.org
      #export ECHO_SERVER=server.echolink.org
      #export ECHO_SERVER=backup.echolink.org
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2013
        I just logged into your node and had a look. You did not enable the
        feature in the features.env file.

        export IS_EMBEDDED=YES
        export USE_ECHOIRLP=NO <---- CHANGE TO YES
        export USE_STAR69=YES
        export USE_SPEAKTIME=NO
        export USE_CONTROLLER=NO
        export USE_IRLP_WEBADMIN=YES
        export USE_MORSEID=NO
        export START_VPN_ONBOOT=NO

        Also, to run EchoIRLP on an embedded node, you need to register a -L or
        -R account with Echolink. SO your ConferenceCall must be WB5NFC-R or
        WB5NFC-R.

        I have logged in and done this for you.