Second Hand Node

  • w2fcp
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 12, 2012
      I just purchased an embedded node from another ham. My node number is 3072 I have it all setup for my callsign and I have EchoIRLP running with my account as well. It has Slackware 10.2 as the OS, is there something newer or should I just leave it as is?
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 13, 2012
        The OS is specially designed for your node. It is more than just slackware, it is a ram based OS based on Slackware.

        It is designed to run with that OS, albeit older, it supports all the hardware the best, and is easy to maintain.

        If you want to convert your embedded node into a regular node, you could add a hard drive, or a larger IDE flash drive, and install whatever you want onto it.

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 13, 2012
          Ok, thanks Dave. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't out of date or missing a patch or something. So far it is working great, got it for a really good deal and couldn't be happier. Just need to get the antenna up a little higher. ;)