Re: [irlp-embedded] Back up problem

  • David Cameron
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 9, 2012
      The embedded nodes are not designed to be backed up like a regular node.

      The backup script can not be reloaded onto an embedded node.

      Dave

      Sent from my iPood

      On 2012-12-09, at 7:29 PM, Donald Jacob <wb5eku@...> wrote:

      Hi,

      I administer a system with 3 embedded nodes (along with 4 "regular" nodes). In the process of running the backup_for_reinstall script I get the following error message:

      root@IRLP:~/scripts# ./backup_for_reinstall
      tar: stn*.wav: No such file or directory
      gzip: /home/irlp/backup/irlp_backup.tar: No such file or directory
      mv: unable to rename `/home/irlp/backup/irlp_backup.tar.gz': No such file

      The "regular" nodes back up fine.

      In the backup_for_reinstall script the line:

      tar -X $ID/scripts/nobackup.list --exclude=stn*.wav --exclude=ref*.wav \
       -cvf $ID/backup/irlp_backup.tar * .pgp*

      but the stn*.wav or ref*.wav do not exist in the /scripts directory.

      How can I get the backup script to work with these nodes. Has this been a problem on other embedded nodes?

      Thanks
      Don  WB5EKU

    • Donald Jacob
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 9, 2012
        Dave,
        OK that explains it! I didn't realize that but should have thought more about it and the fog would have cleared, Since there is no (public) installation for the embedded nodes there is no re-install! duh OK.
        I just get a bit paranoid since the nodes are on mountain tops that can be hard to reach, especially in winter. Yes we do have snow in Southern California!
        Node 3830 has been chugging away for 8 to 10 years, I lose track, and the only maintenance so far has been changing the fan on the case about 6 months ago. Its one of your original batches.
        Thanks for the info.
        73
        Don  WB5EKU