Re: Daylight Time Change

    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 25, 2012
      Okay, I have updated the zoneinfo files that are pulled down by the fix-dst script.

      So if you are having trouble with your timezones, you can try to get this new version of the fix-dst script and zone files, and it should fix any problem. The files were updated on September 17th if this year.

      Here are the commands to run fix-dst

      log in as root
      cd /root
      wget ftp://ftp.irlp.net/fix-dst
      sh fix-dst

      It will download the new zones, and ask you to enter your timezone again.

      Happy updating!

      --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, "Brayden Hulett" <braydenhulett@...> wrote:

      > Hi Dave,
      >
      > This would be node 6789 - run by Craig Meddings VK3CRG.
      >
      > I appreciate the help!
      >
      > Regards,
      >
      > Brayden
      >
      > --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, "David Cameron (IRLP)" <dcameron@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Okay, well there was a script change for the set-time script as well.
      > > But since it is a root script, it needs to be modified on the box by the
      > > root user.
      > >
      > > The ntp.ubc.ca was shut down (without my knowing), so not that script
      > > should use:
      > >
      > > rdate -s ntp.irlp.net
      > >
      > > (This at least I have control over).
      > >
      > > It could be that the timezone is correct, just that your time can not be
      > > updated because the set-time script is bad :)
      > >
      > > What is your node number - I will log in and have a look to see if I can
      > > figure out why this is happening.
      > >
      > > Dave Cameron
      > >
      > > On 23/10/2012 11:09 PM, Brayden Hulett wrote:
      > > > As an update - I reapplied it (twice now) and there is no change. On reboot, the time is still an hour behind and when the script finishes (but before flash_sync runs), I see 'timeout for ntp.ubc.ca'.
      > > >
      > > > Running /usr/sbin/set-time has no effect either.

    • Brayden Hulett
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 26, 2012
        Thanks Dave,

        That worked perfectly!