Re: Daylight Time Change

  • Brayden Hulett
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 18, 2012
      Hi Dave,

      I tried reapplying the fix yesterday and have had no success. The script runs, but following a reboot the time does not change.

      My city is most certainly there - Australia/Melbourne.

      Regards,

      Brayden

      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 25, 2012
        Okay, I have updated the zoneinfo files that are pulled down by the fix-dst script.

        So if you are having trouble with your timezones, you can try to get this new version of the fix-dst script and zone files, and it should fix any problem. The files were updated on September 17th if this year.

        Here are the commands to run fix-dst

        log in as root
        cd /root
        wget ftp://ftp.irlp.net/fix-dst
        sh fix-dst

        It will download the new zones, and ask you to enter your timezone again.

        Happy updating!

        --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, "Brayden Hulett" <braydenhulett@...> wrote:

        > Hi Dave,
        >
        > This would be node 6789 - run by Craig Meddings VK3CRG.
        >
        > I appreciate the help!
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > Brayden
        >
        > --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, "David Cameron (IRLP)" <dcameron@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Okay, well there was a script change for the set-time script as well.
        > > But since it is a root script, it needs to be modified on the box by the
        > > root user.
        > >
        > > The ntp.ubc.ca was shut down (without my knowing), so not that script
        > > should use:
        > >
        > > rdate -s ntp.irlp.net
        > >
        > > (This at least I have control over).
        > >
        > > It could be that the timezone is correct, just that your time can not be
        > > updated because the set-time script is bad :)
        > >
        > > What is your node number - I will log in and have a look to see if I can
        > > figure out why this is happening.
        > >
        > > Dave Cameron
        > >
        > > On 23/10/2012 11:09 PM, Brayden Hulett wrote:
        > > > As an update - I reapplied it (twice now) and there is no change. On reboot, the time is still an hour behind and when the script finishes (but before flash_sync runs), I see 'timeout for ntp.ubc.ca'.
        > > >
        > > > Running /usr/sbin/set-time has no effect either.

      • Brayden Hulett
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 26, 2012
          Thanks Dave,

          That worked perfectly!