Re: [irlp-embedded] Re connect after power failure

  • Alan Boggs
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 9, 2012
      I just read my email I originally wrote.

      I had asked someone for a script ( reconnect to reflector if idle ) I must have gotten confused.

      Do you have that script?

      Alan
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 9, 2012
        They are set to power on by default when I build them. The only thing
        that would stop that is if someone entered the BIOS and disabled the
        setting, or if the BIOS battery was removed, or is dead.

        To make the node automatically power on when the DC power is applied, go
        into the BIOS of the computer (press ESC a few times when it is first
        turned on) and under "Power Settings" or something similar, and there is
        a setting in there.

        It has three settings, OFF, LAST, ON. Set it to ON.

        But if it is changed from the default, you should look at replacing the
        little Lithium Ion battery on the board.

        On 09/10/2012 8:46 AM, Alan Boggs wrote:
        > Yes I mean automatically power on on power
        >
        > The node has to manually be turned back on at this point
        >

        > But my other node automatically powers on after a power failure.
        >
        > Thanks

      • Alan Boggs
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 9, 2012
          I get a boot menu
          boot first device
          it is set to hard disk

          options are:

          ls120
          hard disk
          cd rom
          zip 100
          usb fdd
          usb zip
          usb cd rom
          legacy lan
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 9, 2012
            It may be the delete key - I don't recall, but it is flashed on the
            screen for a second while it is booting.

            Dave Cameron

            On 09/10/2012 9:54 AM, Alan Boggs wrote:
            > I get a boot menu
            > boot first device
            > it is set to hard disk
            >
            > options are:
            >
            > ls120
            > hard disk
            > cd rom
            > zip 100
            > usb fdd
            > usb zip
            > usb cd rom
            > legacy lan

          • Alan Boggs
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 10, 2012
              If I replace the battery in the node is there anything that has to be done before or afterwards other than resetting the power option we just discussed?
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 10, 2012
                Nope. That should be all.