Re: [irlp-embedded] Re connect after power failure
- Yes I mean automatically power on on powerThe node has to manually be turned back on at this pointBut my other node automatically powers on after a power failure.Thanks
- I just read my email I originally wrote.
I had asked someone for a script ( reconnect to reflector if idle ) I must have gotten confused.
Do you have that script?
- They are set to power on by default when I build them. The only thing
that would stop that is if someone entered the BIOS and disabled the
setting, or if the BIOS battery was removed, or is dead.
To make the node automatically power on when the DC power is applied, go
into the BIOS of the computer (press ESC a few times when it is first
turned on) and under "Power Settings" or something similar, and there is
a setting in there.
It has three settings, OFF, LAST, ON. Set it to ON.
But if it is changed from the default, you should look at replacing the
little Lithium Ion battery on the board.
On 09/10/2012 8:46 AM, Alan Boggs wrote:
> Yes I mean automatically power on on power
> The node has to manually be turned back on at this point
> But my other node automatically powers on after a power failure.
- I get a boot menu
boot first device
it is set to hard disk
usb cd rom
- It may be the delete key - I don't recall, but it is flashed on the
screen for a second while it is booting.
On 09/10/2012 9:54 AM, Alan Boggs wrote:
> I get a boot menu
> boot first device
> it is set to hard disk
> options are:
> hard disk
> cd rom
> zip 100
> usb fdd
> usb zip
> usb cd rom
> legacy lan
- If I replace the battery in the node is there anything that has to be done before or afterwards other than resetting the power option we just discussed?