Re: [irlp-embedded] Re connect after power failure

  • Alan Boggs
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 9, 2012
      Yes I mean automatically power on on power

      The node has to manually be turned back on at this point

      But my other node automatically powers on after a power failure.

      Thanks
    • Alan Boggs
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 9, 2012
        I just read my email I originally wrote.

        I had asked someone for a script ( reconnect to reflector if idle ) I must have gotten confused.

        Do you have that script?

        Alan
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 9, 2012
          They are set to power on by default when I build them. The only thing
          that would stop that is if someone entered the BIOS and disabled the
          setting, or if the BIOS battery was removed, or is dead.

          To make the node automatically power on when the DC power is applied, go
          into the BIOS of the computer (press ESC a few times when it is first
          turned on) and under "Power Settings" or something similar, and there is
          a setting in there.

          It has three settings, OFF, LAST, ON. Set it to ON.

          But if it is changed from the default, you should look at replacing the
          little Lithium Ion battery on the board.

          On 09/10/2012 8:46 AM, Alan Boggs wrote:
          > Yes I mean automatically power on on power
          >
          > The node has to manually be turned back on at this point
          >

          > But my other node automatically powers on after a power failure.
          >
          > Thanks

        • Alan Boggs
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 9, 2012
            I get a boot menu
            boot first device
            it is set to hard disk

            options are:

            ls120
            hard disk
            cd rom
            zip 100
            usb fdd
            usb zip
            usb cd rom
            legacy lan
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 9, 2012
              It may be the delete key - I don't recall, but it is flashed on the
              screen for a second while it is booting.

              Dave Cameron

              On 09/10/2012 9:54 AM, Alan Boggs wrote:
              > I get a boot menu
              > boot first device
              > it is set to hard disk
              >
              > options are:
              >
              > ls120
              > hard disk
              > cd rom
              > zip 100
              > usb fdd
              > usb zip
              > usb cd rom
              > legacy lan

            • Alan Boggs
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 10, 2012
                If I replace the battery in the node is there anything that has to be done before or afterwards other than resetting the power option we just discussed?
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 10, 2012
                  Nope. That should be all.