Re connect after power failure

  • k7iiv
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 7, 2012
      I need to set my node 3674 to re connect after a power failure. I talked with someone last year about this and I was told how. But I have not got around to it and now I have lost my notes. Any help would be appreciated.

      Alan
      K7IIV
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 9, 2012
        Reconnect? to what?

        Do you mean automatically power on on power failure or reconnect after
        it has booted?

        You need to be more specific.

        Dave Cameron

        On 07/10/2012 12:24 PM, k7iiv wrote:
        > I need to set my node 3674 to re connect after a power failure. I talked with someone last year about this and I was told how. But I have not got around to it and now I have lost my notes. Any help would be appreciated.
        >
        > Alan
        > K7IIV

      • Alan Boggs
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 9, 2012
          Yes I mean automatically power on on power

          The node has to manually be turned back on at this point

          But my other node automatically powers on after a power failure.

          Thanks
        • Alan Boggs
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 9, 2012
            I just read my email I originally wrote.

            I had asked someone for a script ( reconnect to reflector if idle ) I must have gotten confused.

            Do you have that script?

            Alan
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 9, 2012
              They are set to power on by default when I build them. The only thing
              that would stop that is if someone entered the BIOS and disabled the
              setting, or if the BIOS battery was removed, or is dead.

              To make the node automatically power on when the DC power is applied, go
              into the BIOS of the computer (press ESC a few times when it is first
              turned on) and under "Power Settings" or something similar, and there is
              a setting in there.

              It has three settings, OFF, LAST, ON. Set it to ON.

              But if it is changed from the default, you should look at replacing the
              little Lithium Ion battery on the board.

              On 09/10/2012 8:46 AM, Alan Boggs wrote:
              > Yes I mean automatically power on on power
              >
              > The node has to manually be turned back on at this point
              >

              > But my other node automatically powers on after a power failure.
              >
              > Thanks

            • Alan Boggs
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 9, 2012
                I get a boot menu
                boot first device
                it is set to hard disk

                options are:

                ls120
                hard disk
                cd rom
                zip 100
                usb fdd
                usb zip
                usb cd rom
                legacy lan
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 9, 2012
                  It may be the delete key - I don't recall, but it is flashed on the
                  screen for a second while it is booting.

                  Dave Cameron

                  On 09/10/2012 9:54 AM, Alan Boggs wrote:
                  > I get a boot menu
                  > boot first device
                  > it is set to hard disk
                  >
                  > options are:
                  >
                  > ls120
                  > hard disk
                  > cd rom
                  > zip 100
                  > usb fdd
                  > usb zip
                  > usb cd rom
                  > legacy lan

                • Alan Boggs
                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 10, 2012
                    If I replace the battery in the node is there anything that has to be done before or afterwards other than resetting the power option we just discussed?
                    Message 9 of 9 , Oct 10, 2012
                      Nope. That should be all.