Re: [irlp-embedded] New Embedded node problem

  • Keith VE7GDH
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 2, 2012
      Dave K7IOU wrote...

      > I connect to the echo reflector 9990 and have no return audio.
      > I am wondering if this is a hardware issue with the new node or????

      The echo reflector was unavailable for a few days, but seems
      to be operational again now. Have you run the troubleshooting script?
      Did it complain about any ports?

    • k7iou
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 2, 2012
        My node 3032 work fine with the reflectors.
        How do I run the script?
        Thanks

        --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, "Keith VE7GDH" <ve7gdh@...> wrote:

        > Dave K7IOU wrote...
        >
        > > I connect to the echo reflector 9990 and have no return audio.
        > > I am wondering if this is a hardware issue with the new node or????
        >
        > The echo reflector was unavailable for a few days, but seems
        > to be operational again now. Have you run the troubleshooting script?
        > Did it complain about any ports?
        >
        > Keith VE7GDH
        > Node 1148

      • Keith VE7GDH
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 2, 2012
          Dave K7IOU wrote...

          > How do I run the script?

          Login as repeater and just run it. It is located in /home/irlp/scripts.
          You should be able to do either of the following...

          troubleshoot-irlp

          or

          $SCRIPT/troubleshoot-irlp

          or

          /home/irlp/scripts/troubleshoot-irlp

        • David Cameron
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 2, 2012
            Did you set the IP address of the new node (3033) the same as the old one (3032)? By default the new node will get its IP automatically.

            Also, what IS working right? Are you sure the cable is plugged into the correct DB9 plug?

            From: "k7iou" <k7iou1@...>
            Sender: irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2012 13:12:40 -0000
            To: <irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com>
            ReplyTo: irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com
            Subject: [irlp-embedded] New Embedded node problem

            Finally had time this morning to connect my new node 3033 to the repeater. This node replaced the old 3033 which took a lightning hit.
            Plug and play connections as it replaced the old node, the old node was working after the USB script and opened the ports to the same settings in the router with the new node ip address.
            I connect to the echo reflector 9990 and have no return audio.
            I am wondering if this is a hardware issue with the new node or????
            Thank you
            Dave k7iou

          • k7iou
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 2, 2012
              ok ran the test
              TCP error 15425 not forwarded correctly
              UDP error 2074-2093 not forwarded correctly
              echolink error udp 5198 5199 not forwarded correctly
              pgp gen date 2007/06/11 est no.9 report if the date is drastically different...setting date on machine
              use echoirlp = yes

              Ports in the router are set as above. Are there port settings in the embedded node?
              I will have to change use echoirlp = no
              not sure about the date thing...

              --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, "Keith VE7GDH" <ve7gdh@...> wrote:

              > Dave K7IOU wrote...
              >
              > > How do I run the script?
              >
              > Login as repeater and just run it. It is located in /home/irlp/scripts.
              > You should be able to do either of the following...
              >
              > troubleshoot-irlp
              >
              > or
              >
              > $SCRIPT/troubleshoot-irlp
              >
              > or
              >
              > /home/irlp/scripts/troubleshoot-irlp
              >
              > Keith VE7GDH
              > Node 1148

            • Keith VE7GDH
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 2, 2012
                Dave K7IOU wrote…

                > ok ran the test…

                You say the ports are forwarded, but to what IP address? It sounds like they are not forwarded to the node's IP address. Make sure the node has a fixed IP and check the forwarding again with the troubleshooting script after the following are done.

                Set the date / time.

                Set EchoIRLP off… I believe in the environment file.

                73 Keith
                IRLP 1148
              • k7iou1
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 3, 2012
                  We got it working, seems my error was adding ip.irlp.net
                  Thanks for all your responses.
                  Ed thanks for your help...again!

                  David

                  Dave K7IOU wrote…