Re: [irlp-embedded] Re: Flash_sync

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 29, 2012
      No, a standard embedded system (like yours) uses the flash drive as a
      read only configuration for setup of the node at boot time. It loads the
      entire filesystem into RAM, and it runs there. This makes the node
      immune to power bumps, sudden resets, drive wear, etc.

      What Alan has asked for is a basically an embedded node with a full hard
      drive in it, however the hard drive has no moving parts. What Alan gains
      is the ability to add some extra software onto his node, but what he
      loses is the reliability and compact nature of the embedded file system.
      If the power drops out, there is a chance, albeit small, that his node
      will be corrupted. The same is not true of the standard embedded setup.