Using a USB keyboard with embedded nodes (compact versions - 128M/256M flash)

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 8, 2012
      For those of you who want to use USB keyboards on your embedded IRLP nodes, you are in luck! I have managed to find the correct sequence of drivers required to make this work. You need to add these to a start-up script, preferably one that starts at boot.

      I used

      /etc/rc.d/rc.local

      Add these lines before the lines where IRLP starts:

      modprobe ehci-hcd
      modprobe usbcore
      modprobe usbkbd
      modprobe hid

      This will give you the ability to use a USB keyboard to control your IRLP node.