To DOM or not to DOM that is the question :-)

  • k7iou
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 8, 2012
      Will a new embedded node with a DOM allow me to modify a configuration file and save the new image to the DOM?

      Is CentOS OS the stripped down embedded node version with minimal drivers?

      Thank you
      Dave k7iou 3033
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 8, 2012
        All the nodes use DOMs to store the filesystem. The system you have is
        on a 128M DOM, and there is a script:

        flash_sync

        that will sync the current filesystem to the DOM for the next boot cycle.

        On the optional (not published) 2G DOM option, you will get a full
        version of CentOS 4.9, loaded with your node number. it would be the
        same as if you loaded it yourself, but you ARE limited to 2 gigs of
        overall drive size.

        Dave Cameron