Re: Embedded node lightning hit

    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 6, 2012
      Well the USB keyboard will not work correctly.

      The keyboard working has nothing to do with the image or the software driver. It is all hardware. It is possible that the PS2 keyboard controller is dead. The only fix for that is replacing the motherboard.

      If you want to keep using the node without fixing it, I would suggest you change the node to obtain an IP automatically from a router, that way you can easily get into your node no matter what it is plugged into.

      Logging into your node will not tell me much, sorry.

      Dave

    • thecoldduck@sbcglobal.net
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 7, 2012
        Our emmbedded started off with the keyboard working, but shortly after it stopped.  This was due to a failure in the plug connector on the embedded. I have never fixed it and just used remote(Putty) to get into the embedded for any software mods needed.  That has been about 6 years now. I cannot see a need for the keyboard anymore unless something happens to our ability to remotely enter the box.

        Jim
        WH7CD   node 3024