Re: Install Image

  • kc7wsu
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2012
      If I were to purchase a VIA LN10000EG would you be willing to share the image with me?

      Regards,

      Chris, KC7WSU

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2012
        I could, but it would need to go onto a 256M Transcend flash drive with
        the exact same bit count as the ones I use. For some reason some of the
        other models have different sized boot sector, and the DOS partition
        that launches the whole thing fails to initialize. Even when I tried to
        transition the 128M drives I used to use to the 256M, I had to basically
        rebuild the whole image from scratch, as writing the 128M image to a
        256M drive failed.

        I would also offer no support as to how to transition the PGP key, etc,
        because it does not follow the standard IRLP format of using a backup
        script, etc.

        Chris, I have tried this before twice, and it did not work with the
        client's equipment. I do not offer it as a download because I can not
        support it on hardware I do not configure myself.

        What size of DOMs do you have?